So, i've been thinking of buying a new guitar for several months, and was sure for long time that it would be the Ibanez RG1570 because of the action and good feel of the neck. Yeah, it's good to shred.

But, as i'm more of oriented towards classic and pretty much all kinds of rock, (though i might be joining a experimental metal band [experimental in a way that it's not completetly serious thing]) i'm getting heavy second thoughts, cause the sound (and the look and feel) is more high gain and would propably only support the more heavier 80's style rock songs etc etc. i'm thinking of going to a more "classical" rock guitar. Particularily i'm interested in getting a Les Paul (Propably a knock-off though), but not sure yet, so i thought i'd ask for some tips, on brands, and such, what to look for in music stores next time i go looking.

Price range is around 500-1000€ i would suppose.

(Sorry for making propably 756th thread like this)
An LTD 400+ series with SD JB/'59 should do both.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Knock off wise, Agile and Tokai are said to be very good indeed. Epiphone make some nice Les Paul but i wouldn't be able to compare them to the knockoffs as i've never really played them.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
And this guitar screams G n' R

Seriously, if you like how the RG feels, get it. You can always replace the pickups, with Duncans, as Jelly suggested. Or even put some gibson pickups in! GASP!
Quote by sashki
And this guitar screams G n' R

Seriously, if you like how the RG feels, get it. You can always replace the pickups, with Duncans, as Jelly suggested. Or even put some gibson pickups in! GASP!

Yeah, but i like how the RG feels on playing it, but i don't get the "Rock" feeling when i get it in my hand if you know what i mean, no inspiration (except to try to shred pathetically, 110bpm 16th's). I'm still considering it, but i'm looking for alternatives as well. It's propably just the looks.

I'm looking into Tokai Les Pauls (Or Love Rocks) at the moment, as (insertnamehere suggested. Have a music store nearby which sells ESP and Tokai pretty much exclusively.
Last edited by Tzeel at Oct 9, 2007,
Call me blasphemous, but I couldn't get a good sound out of the RG1570. I used a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade. The guitar was a bit out of tune, but that wasn't the biggest problem.

It jsut sounded so out of balance. I'm into a more classic-rock tone myself, but this one didn't do that. I dunno how to describe it. I just didn't like it. I know what you mean by "no ROCK feeling". The neck was a bit square for me (I have big hands), but it was really easy to play.
Quote by joeymaxx
you could have a look at PRS singlecut, they are generally rocky all over

Yeah, i've never really looked into PRS' but now that i look at their products they seem interesting, could anybody give some info on what models should i pay particular attention on my price range?
PRS SE Custom and Singlecut. The Custom is better voiced for lead playing with distortion, whereas the SE singlecut has a more vintage tone, with great cleans and classic overdrive.

They look alright, too
Hmm, just looked into to the EC-400 which has the Duncans and for the price which is around 700€ the thing seems damn wonderful! Looks aren't bad either.

Propably going to go try it in couple of days. Got any other Singlecut guitar recommendations (aka Les Paul's) for comparison?
Quote by sashki
Call me blasphemous, but I couldn't get a good sound out of the RG1570. I used a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade. The guitar was a bit out of tune, but that wasn't the biggest problem.

It jsut sounded so out of balance. I'm into a more classic-rock tone myself, but this one didn't do that. I dunno how to describe it. I just didn't like it. I know what you mean by "no ROCK feeling". The neck was a bit square for me (I have big hands), but it was really easy to play.

Switchblades are terrible.
Okay, just looked into the Agile website (i think it is Agile website ?) and these things are terribly cheap. 500$ for a guitar with EMG's?

Can i get some info on these? How's the neck, sound etc?
I'd get a Japanese love rock.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Tzeel
Okay, just looked into the Agile website (i think it is Agile website ?) and these things are terribly cheap. 500$ for a guitar with EMG's?

Can i get some info on these? How's the neck, sound etc?
Agile rule of thumb = anything that's an AL-3000 or higher is a good guitar. One with a 3/4'' maple cap = even better.

Yeah, the $500 EMG Agile is a good guitar from what i've heard through UG.