Ok, my bass has been making a wired noise when i play the 7th, 8th and 9th frets on my A string. So i asked my bass playing friend what was wrong. he said my tension was going and i should get some new strings or adjust the action. i really don't know how to do it and was wondering:

How do i do it?
Are there any guides online i can check?
Is it the strings?
Or should i just leave it to a professional and take it to a guitar shop?

Thanks in advance.
If you honestly don't know what you're doing.
I would suggest that you take it to a guitar shop.
if you really have no idea what you are doing and use decent equipment i would go to a pro, but upon picking it up i would ask what was wrong, what did they do, and ask to show you so that next time you can do it
Quote by KieronC07
Ok, my bass has been making a wired noise when i play the 7th, 8th and 9th frets on my A string. So i asked my bass playing friend what was wrong. he said my tension was going and i should get some new strings or adjust the action. i really don't know how to do it and was wondering:

How do i do it?
Are there any guides online i can check?
Is it the strings?
Or should i just leave it to a professional and take it to a guitar shop?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you neck (the Bass I mean) has got a slight backwards bow in it, remember that regarding strings you must replace like for like other wise you will alter the action as different gauges pull in the neck by different degrees.
As a quick check get your allen key/wrench and release the truss rod tension just one quarter of a turn.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
K, just wanna say thanks for the help. took it to a guitar shop, said there was no problem may have been amp. took it home and it was. so i got my dad to help fix and now its fine.

so anyway thanks