I'm looking for a nice all tube high gain amp head with a 2 x 12 cabinet. I mostly play gothenburger, death/thrash metal, hardcore, metalcore and the occasional pop punk or Pumpkins. Preferably 50 watts as I'm not in a band, but I can afford to crank it as I live on a farm. I was thinking about the Laney GH50L and Randall RH50T especially. I would use them with a Harley Benton cab from Thomann.de. I can't try much amps locally and would need to drive at least 60 km's to get to a decent shop.

Any other suggestions (€1000 amp + cab max)? Opinions on these amps/this cab?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
ENGL fireball?

^ and that cab is pretty good too :p.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I'd say get the Laney,also thumbs up for having like the same exact taste in music as me!
Quote by SG thrasher
I was gonna say the Laney GH50L then i came to it in your description, go for that, and I'm pretty sure the Harley Benton is pretty crap(purely hearsay), take a look at the framus 2x12 on thomann.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/framus_fr212_cb.htm

+1

engl is probably pushing the budget a bit, to be honest...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Framus 2x12 is a lot of bang for the buck.

Harley Benton stuff is just pure wank.
WHOA!

Framus 2x12s are upwards of $800 in the states!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i guess that goes down as one of the few things we get a decent deal on then...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Theres not a lot of difference volume wise between 50 & 100 watts, but if you say you can crank it doesnt really matter either way! lol
I'd go for the Laney, there really nice and not that expensive
Quote by MESAexplorer
WHOA!

Framus 2x12s are upwards of $800 in the states!

were you looking at AU prices maybe? I got my Cobra 4x12 thru a dealer here for $650 brand new in the box.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah, i thought that sounded a bit much. That's a similar price to europe, by the way, erock... i think they're like £330 or something like that, here.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
interesting, I would have figured they would be less on that side of the pond. How much is the ENGL standard 4x12 there?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
lemme check...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/engl_e412ss_gerade_gitarrenbox.htm

that's thomann too, which is liable to be a bit cheaper than we could get it in the UK. EDIT: that's what, about $850?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, that's not much cheaper either. I see them here for about $900 new, so not far off. I guess you guys still have Marshall that's a much better deal there, but I really thought the german amps would be less. I feel sorry for the guys over there that really dig the mesa sound, that's just ridiculous.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah. I mean, the odd thing we do get cheaper, it's maybe, say, 20%. whereas the stuff you get cheaper, you can be paying half as much as us, sometimes even less. And that's on the vast majority of stuff... fender, gibson, Mesa, Ibanez, Jackson, ESP/LTD, etc. etc. etc. All the big brands, basically, bar marshall, laney and orange...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?