Hello, I'm new here. I mainly play industrial metal like American head charge, NIN, Old Marilyn Manson, Ministry, etc. I also dig metal stuff in general.

I always find myself using stomp boxes or multi-effects, it just suits my sound. My question is basicly I want simple, clean power. What would be some downfalls or problems of using a behringer/Peavey Power amp designed for PA for a guitar cab?

Thanks,

Blake
Your sound would be terrible unless you have an amp modellor in the chain somewhere. The pre-amp shapes your sound a lot so if you remove it from the equation basically what your getting is your guitars dry sound thats just being distorted but with no added tonal characteristics.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I will definitly have one in the chain some where, some how. A lot of rhte music I like though really stretches the limits of what it the "norm".

This set up will be to give more of a live feel to my tracks I plan on recording through various software and hardware modelers. It will also be my main live rig though.
well it will work but you betterhave a damn good amp modellor in the chain somewhere for it to sound good. Most thin the sound out a bit.

Just FYI, I find the best amp modelors are the ones found in Line6 Pods, Digitechs with te audio DNA2 chips and if your doing software, then in amplitube 2./
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The new Korg AX300G is pretty sweet, but I will most likely get one of the new POD lives as well. Thanks so far for all the feedback.
Quote by Battebury
The new Korg AX300G is pretty sweet, but I will most likely get one of the new POD lives as well. Thanks so far for all the feedback.

Don't go korg. I used the Korg Ax3000(? i think it was that one), and it just sounded bad.
I've also heard problems with abnormally low volumes on some units.

Try out perhaps the pod X3 or the Pod X3 Live.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350