Could you guys tell me the positives and negatives, compare them please. The ME 50 and GT 6 are in the same price range but the GT 8 is more expensive. Is the extra price worth it?
im have a ME-50 and im very happy with it . i also paly in a GT3 ... and ME is better , at least is more complex and with more effects

i think GT8 is the top ... but only because of the price ... if it is expensiver should be better
Ok.

The ME-50 is basically like, I dunno, a whole hell of a lot of stomp boxes rolled into one. Everything works like a stomp box and adjusts like a stomp box. And it's basically the same price as about three pedals and decent cables for them all.

GT's are more something that you would build a tone with. You can set the different pedals to different tones, the first could be clean with chorus, second could be distorted with flange, third could be, I dunno, harmonized fuzz, whatever floats your boat.

Honestly, if you have a great sounding amp, get an ME-50.
If you have some pile of garbage Marshall MG or something, get a GT. As far as which GT, I dunno, depends on your wallet I guess.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
The GT-8 is amazing!

You just have to be patient with it! Once you get it you will love it!
Quote by HavokStrife
Ok.

The ME-50 is basically like, I dunno, a whole hell of a lot of stomp boxes rolled into one. Everything works like a stomp box and adjusts like a stomp box. And it's basically the same price as about three pedals and decent cables for them all.

GT's are more something that you would build a tone with. You can set the different pedals to different tones, the first could be clean with chorus, second could be distorted with flange, third could be, I dunno, harmonized fuzz, whatever floats your boat.

Honestly, if you have a great sounding amp, get an ME-50.
If you have some pile of garbage Marshall MG or something, get a GT. As far as which GT, I dunno, depends on your wallet I guess.

I wouldn't write the GT-8 off just because you have a good amp. Right now on Musician's Friend an ME-50 costs 300 dollars and you could easily find a GT-8 for that much on Ebay.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
stomp boxes? theyre far superior quality and dont go wrong at gigs.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I was going to make a thread about the ME50 actually: Is it as good as having separate pedals? I'm not fussed about amp models as I have an Ashdown fallen Angel so I'm sorted for tube tone, but I've always wanted alot of effects pedals and was curious as to whether the ME50 was lacking the features of individual pedals.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but its better than making another one nearly the same.