"in phase, series, parellel" what does all this mean? I was reading about the tele baja and it was talking about the s-1 switching. I've actually played it and loved how it works, but I don't understand the physics.

On the topic of circuits, what is the "Greasebucket" circuits of the Highway 1 mean?
Series and Parallel are forms of circuitry, series increasing voltage out the ass and parallel increasing current.

Current X Voltage = Power (Watt). I'm guessing the circuitry would be wired in series-parallel, which would give a high wattage, thus a strong signal? That's just my guess.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
^ yeah, basically. I think.

In real world terms, parallel has less output, i.e. a cleaner/less overdriven tone, and kind of a hollow tone- think the normal in-between position on a tele, or positions 2 or 4 on a strat's 5-way switch.

Series wiring is the way the two coils of a humbucker are wired- increased output, thicker sound, more distortion.

the greasebucket circuit, i think, rolls off the highs without the bass getting boomy and/or flabby. I think.

in phase- i'm not quite 100% sure on that. I could make an educated guess, but I don't want to tell you something which could be incorrect.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In phase is how guitars normally sound. Out of phase gives a hollow, tinney sound. Gilmore uses the out of phase sound often. I have one of my Strats set up w/ a 1/8th mini switch to go out ot phase on the 2nd & 4th positions. Love it.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Outstanding, you all are really helpful.

Putting a hotrail in the bridge with a coil tap would probably not be possible and allow the phase switch to work, huh? Or would a tap not be necessary since I'd have a phase switch?