ive had my jcm800 100w head and 1960a cab for about 2 years now. it still has the same tubes it came with when i first got it. well heres the thing, every time i turn off my amp, it makes a weird sound, like a laser gun from star wars. its never done that when i first got the amp, but its been doin it for about the last 2 or 3 months. the sound still sounds good and all, but its just that one weird sound it makes when i turn it off that has me worried. does anybody now why it makes the sound? is it time for new tubes? thanks for the help.
Awesome, I'd be using it in songs, like turning it on and off randomly. And yeah, it's probably time for new valves anyway. Two years? come on now.
These go to eleven...
new valves bro. do it ASAP
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
yea get some new tubes. they are really old and should be changed anyway
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i got the amp head about 2 years ago, so it was prolly manerfactured a year before that. so im saying 3 years. its a jcm800 2203
If it's not a reissue, then it was probably manufactured WAY before that. Early 80's maybe..
These go to eleven...
yeah its a reissue. im not as lucky as zack wylde to get the authentic ones that were made in the 80s
Jeez guys, 2 years is not that old for tubes. My 2205 still has tubes from 15 years ago.

Does this one have a reverb tank, it might be that.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
yeah thats what i was thinking reincaster. i dont want to spend money on tubes that arent that old and still have there tone to it. when i notice there tone and clarity is going away, then im going to invest in tubes. i just wanted to know why is there that weird noise when i turn off the amp, and if it was because the tubes, then i would get new tubes. but if its not, i just want to know whats making that noise.
I've got a Valvestate 8080, same problem... gain/chanel volume can make a diference.... when my gain is at 9/10, it will get that weird sound, not when i'm on 8 or below
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Does it sound sort of like electronic zipping noise? My AOR30 head does that as I turn it off. I think it's the caps releasing the last bit of electricity as the amp is tuned off. Does it still do it if you leave the amp on standby for a bit before you turn it off?
Gear:
Gibson SG '61 RI
Fender MIJ 62RI Tele
PRS Singlecut SE
Epiphone Sheraton II
Ibanez AEG10NT
Orange Rocker 30
Blackstar HT5C
Quote by jrm42099
well heres the thing, every time i turn off my amp, it makes a weird sound, like a laser gun from star wars.

that is too cool.

but if ur getting crap tone with that, u need to get rid of it...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i doubt it's the valves, or anything too harmful for that matter. if it gets progressively worse, however, it may be a problem. but 2 years for tubes isn't that long, many of the tube amps my friends have are vintage and have never had a tube change.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008