I got my crybaby today, but I just can't tell when/how to turn the effect fully off?

it seems to affect my tone when I just take my foot off it, and there is a definite difference to having the pedal all the way up or down.

I'm THINKING that when its all the way up, its off. Is that correct?

and I know this is a dumb question, but the only other wah pedals I've used are either auto-wahs or morley wahs (<- I like the way they work, but too powerful sounding IMO)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Press down in the toe down position, there's a bypass switch under the toe that should turn off the wah
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
You have to push the toe all the way down until the switch clicks. With some Morleys, they shut off when you take your foot off, which might be where you got that impression, but Dunlop does things a little bit different.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yeah, I used to spend ages trying to switch them on and off. You just have to tilt forward and click the pedal toe down.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I think the Q-wah switches off when you release it. I can't remember exactly.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
should be a button under the foot board (take a look) should click when you hit it. that's the great thing about my korg overdrive pedal, when you step on the button it feels like you've just crushed a skull
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
My CryBaby 95Q goes into "by-pass" mode when the heel is fully down (lift your foot). It then has a timed circuit that delays the off for a second and then the pedal is fully off after that. That's from my instruction manual. Course, your model may act differantly.

Chris
No, its a 535Q he said. There is a bypass switch when the pedal is pressed forcefully in the up position, i own one.
Yep, toe down, press hard until a click is heard or felt through your foot and it should be off. The buffers on Dunlops though are not that great but you still should hear your integral, unprocessed tone.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
yeah, I had a bad horsie for awhile, and I didn't realize you had to push so hard to get it on/off. Oh well, I'll get used to it. I like the crybaby better so far.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by spiroth10
yeah, I had a bad horsie for awhile, and I didn't realize you had to push so hard to get it on/off. Oh well, I'll get used to it. I like the crybaby better so far.

Yeah it gets more loose over time once you get the feel of it. You get used to it quickly if you are a frequent wah user. Personally, I'm not and even I got used to it quickly.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM