hey guys ! my dad wants to buy an electric guitar.
he really likes to play classic rock (CCR, rolling stones,...) and sometimes also softer clean stuff (the shadows for example), rock 'n' roll, and blues.
he'll play it through my fender blues deluxe.
his budget is approximatly 600 dollars.
some guitar recommendations ?
oh and he's not too fond of teles and ES335 types
he's definitely willing to go used.
thanks alot
Last edited by The red Strat. at Oct 9, 2007,
are you going to let him use your stuff?

if so, not much point in him getting a strat...

tele would be good for the stones...

who are CCR? (probably someone really famous and my brain's just malfunctioning... )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
****ING IBANEZ!

Just kidding.

Perhaps try a MIM Tele of some sort, or the usual MIM Strat?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you going to let him use your stuff?

if so, not much point in him getting a strat...

tele would be good for the stones...

who are CCR? (probably someone really famous and my brain's just malfunctioning... )

i'm a lefty and he's right handed so...
but he'll use my amp.

Creedence Clearwater Revival
I'd say either a Fender Strat or a Tele. Or I'd go to a store and find a nice Squier Strat or Tele (yes, they do exist) and "pimp" it out, like getting new tuners, better pups, strap locks, and repaint it. That'd come out to about 600 and it'd be nice.
a strat! they're easy to play and great to learn on.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
strat
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I am a Strat mn myself But I would recommend a Tele. Or the Strat if he doesn't like Teles.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
yeah, i would go with the previously suggested MIM Telecaster
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Fogerty has been using a Les Paul lately as well as a Telecaster. He used a resinator guitar way back in the CCR days also.
Good LP types: Agile, Micheal Kelly, Ibanez ARC100 and 300.
Tele: The MIM Teles consistently get good reviews.
Maybe a semihollow like an Epiphone Dot or Ibanez AS73 Artcore.
Quote by The red Strat.
i'm a lefty and he's right handed so...
but he'll use my amp.

Creedence Clearwater Revival

ah, ok, that's different.

Yeah, i've heard of CCR

i'd probably go with a strat or tele to be honest... basically whatever the best one you can get for the cash is...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?