My music class may be given the task of performing a cover together at the Christmas production in early December, but we can't think what to do, considering our instruments are quite vaired.

As far as I can remember, there are 2 electric guitarists (me and my friend who is fairly proficient), an acoustic guitarist/songer (female), very beginner bassist, mediocre drummer, pianist, a rapper (yep) and another female vocalist.

Preferably something fairly well known that will incorporate those instruments.
Funny words.
Could do Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen (or the Jeff Buckley version or both). Easy to play and with the vocalists (and rapper) could get them to do a couple of verses each.
It's gonna be a blue day
walk this way? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKaV911uJA

you could just write a break into the song that'll give the pianist/acoustic guitarist a chance to be heard or something like that
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Ditch the rapper, try some skynyrd stuff. Maybe Sweet home Alabama or Freebird.

Or Tuesdays Gone.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
a chili peppers song with a quiet part? or like the somg funky monks that has an acoustic guitar, and put a piano riff in?
Do that naff Band Aid song that Geldhof was invilved with, tis a christmas song, and i think there was some rapping in the most recent version
Drive me home Jeeves
i came up with a better idea, i think...

The Human Abstract- "Desiderata" into "Vela, Together We Await The Storm"

the first song is a classical type piece that uses an acoustic guitar, a bass and a piano and then "Vela" is a heavy song...you could change the vocals (i'd recommend it, at least) to fit the style of the vocalists you have and to make the song more accessible as there's a lot of screaming. perhaps have the "rapper" do the verses and the two female singers do the chorus

here's a clip http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=waCbpAxhCs8
the first 42 seconds are the ending of "Desiderata" and then it goes straight into "Vela"
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Just play some hendrix, and then instead of setting fire to the guitars, set fire to the rapper.
Freebird sounds like it would be a cool song. The piano and acoustic and a simple bassline for the intro and verse, and then you can do some dueling guitar solo at the end. Dont know about the rapper though. Maybe he can rap the part right before the solo? I dont know... but it would incorporate all the talent anyway.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
My music class may be given the task of performing a cover together at the Christmas production in early December, but we can't think what to do, considering our instruments are quite vaired.

As far as I can remember, there are 2 electric guitarists (me and my friend who is fairly proficient), an acoustic guitarist/songer (female), very beginner bassist, mediocre drummer, pianist, a rapper (yep) and another female vocalist.

Preferably something fairly well known that will incorporate those instruments.

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

and hellehjuaha or however the f*ck you spell it is a good idea +1

might lose a bit of the meaning and sh*t when rapped though
UG Villians Club

DRACULA

Quote by James_Water2
I want to bring sexy back and then leave with it and when everyone is like holy crap where did sexy go I'd say I have Sexy and im bring it back again. But then Sexy will leave me and i will be homeless.