I've been playing for about 8 months now, and I'm trying to play Cause Weve End As Lovers by Jeff Beck. As you know, it's got some pretty exotic bends in it, and when I bend the low E string up, it bends the A string too. This is fine, until I release the E string and the A string rings out also.

How do I prevent this?
when you release a bend you are meant to let it down slowly, you don't just let go of the string.

Also, I don't know how you are bending the E up, it would go off the fret board

EDIT: Reading that again, it appears you either got your A and E mixed up or you meant bending the E down?
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
I don't know if this is how you're supposed to do it, but when I do my bends, to prevent just that I slide my fingers under the higher strings on the fretboard.

Good luck with learning that song man and I hope you get your bends working!
My rig:

Jackson JS30DKT Hardtail
Behringer UM100 Pedal
Peavy Blazer 158 amp.
Last edited by G.J. at Oct 9, 2007,
I don't think anybody is seeing this THE A STRING IS UNDER THE E, how could you be touching it?
My Gear:

Well, he can't bend E up or it will go off the fretboard (and I don't think that's the sound he's looking for), so he has to bend it downwards (towards the A). So just be careful when releasing the E string.
My rig:

Jackson JS30DKT Hardtail
Behringer UM100 Pedal
Peavy Blazer 158 amp.
yeah, I thought so much, he should have said bend down and it would have confused me

Yeah, be less violent with your bends, it's a gradual thing, it takes practice to get other strings to not sound when you don't want them
My Gear: