I got like an SWR LA12 bass amp in May of 2006, and now, for some reason, it won't produce any sound. Its on, and it's recieving power, but my guesses are that I need a new speaker. The strange thing is that it still feeds back a little, like that buzzing noise when you first turn it on. Any thought son what might be wrong, and how I may be able to fix it?
try another bass.... id say its yer bass aswell, make sure its plugged in properly the volume knob(s) are up.... if the chord has a mute button make sure its off

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I'm pretty sure it's not my bass, because at my band practice I was playing, and it sounded fine. Also, I plug my 2 regular guitars into it, and they don't work either.
Maybe it's a lead?

Or just take it to a guitar shop, they'll have a better idea after looking around a little.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
i dont want to take it to a shop yet, because im not sure why its busted. if its something i can fix ill fix it myself, and not pay alot of $$$.
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
Quote by Jangles5150
I got like an SWR LA12 bass amp in May of 2006, and now, for some reason, it won't produce any sound. Its on, and it's recieving power, but my guesses are that I need a new speaker. The strange thing is that it still feeds back a little, like that buzzing noise when you first turn it on. Any thought son what might be wrong, and how I may be able to fix it?

your going to have to open that sucker up. make sure it's unplugged first. if it has screws holding the back on, remove them, and take the back off. some combos are sealed cabinets. for those you have to remove the speaker, from the front. to get the amplifier out, there should be four/six screws in the top of the cab. with those removed the amp should pull out from the front. check for a bad fuse, and your speaker wire connections. you can check the speaker with a 9v battery. if the speaker is good, it will flex, when connected to the battery. if none of those work, it's probably a blown power supply, or burnt circuitry, those require a visit to the shop.
good luck.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Oct 11, 2007,
groovy dude! thanks for the help!
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.