So, I just decided to buy a 200$ Peavey VAlveKing Royal 8. But I just decided to sell my Nintendo Wii, so that will pay for the amp. Should I spend some of my money to get a better amp? I would only have like 100$ I'd wanna spend cuz I want a laptop.
EDIT: I play classic rock, and some heavey distorted stuff. I'd prefer tube, and this is bedroom practice.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
owell i think u should have kept ur wii, just have gotten a job soon ur gonna have nothing left
There is nothing out for the Wii, and I have a 360. 360>Wii>PS3. 360 has ALL the great stuff. But thats not what I wanna talk about. I want to know if for an extra 10$ I can get a better amp. Better enough that I can tell.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

wii sucks. it bored me after a day. now it just sits there looking all small and pathetic beside the monster of a 360

anyway, i don't understand you. have you bought the amp for $200 already? or is there an additional $100 (making the total $300) or have you only $100 for an amp because you want a laptop. confusing
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
i think he'd have 300 if he dcided to return his existing amp
i have a 'white guitar'
lol, let me restate.
Im gonna get 200-250(maybe 300) for the Wii alone, I'm not sure. But I have money which I would be willing to put towards my amp. So I'm looking to speend 200-(possibly)400. 400 is ONLY if there is an amp amazingly better than the Royal 8(or a 300 amp)

i kinda get what the hell your talking about, but man, its damn confusing dude.
arrr. I have 400$ to buy an amp for classic rock. I would also have to be able to use a pedal to get good distortion for really heavey stuff. I would only like to spend 300$ at the most UNLESS there is a really good amp for 400$ The amp would be for my room practicing.

Quote by Pinky19
arrr. I have 400$ to buy an amp for classic rock. I would also have to be able to use a pedal to get good distortion for really heavey stuff. I would only like to spend 300$ at the most UNLESS there is a really good amp for 400$ The amp would be for my room practicing.

Crate V16
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
will it sound good with heavey dist. from a pedal?

Quote by Pinky19
will it sound good with heavey dist. from a pedal?

what do you mean by "heavy" distortion? I know with my V16, I can get QOTSA, and Heavy Silverchair tones (think Freak or Israel's Son) out of it without a pedal.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
what about Classic rock distortion?

It's voiced well for classic rock. That's its specialty. Sell the damn Wii and get the amp, you know you want it.
If you just need a bedroom amp, I don't see the point of getting a tube amp that's higher than 5watts. 5Watts is loud for playing in your bedroom....turn it up far, and it can be even too loud, depending on your housemates/neighbors. Unless you're planning on jamming with friends in a band, with drums and other instruments, the Royal 8 is what you need.

I have the Royal 8 and play classic rock on it, and it's perfect. Playing heavy music like metal will work with a good distortion pedal, but if you play metal more than classic rock, then get a different amp that's more suited for metal.

And what exactly do you mean by "better"? What "better" features are you looking for?
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Oct 10, 2007,
by better, I mean better sound, better for my style, better all around. Ohh, and I'll be playing Classic ROck and bands like Primus and Metallica, up to Haste the Day and As I Lay Dying.