I have the opportunity to get the low end Kirk Hammet sig (used) for $200, of course I'm gonna play it first but I'm wondering if thats a good deal. The main thing I'm worried about is the Licensed FR. How are the LTD ones?
The licensed Floyds are pretty good, I've had one for a while, before I got an original, and it could stay in tune for a month at a time, unless I really went crazy on the tremolo. As for the price, it's good, as it's a good guitar. Definitely metal-orientated, but LTD delivers, that's for sure.
just get a set of groover 18 to 1 locking tuners and your fine and a good set up on the floyd!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Quote by clomon
just get a set of groover 18 to 1 locking tuners and your fine and a good set up on the floyd!

Wouldn't the locking nuts defeat the purpose of the locking tuners?
Quote by lilchimp818
go for it dude if you didnt like it you could probably even sell it for more.

Maybe, they're $419 new. $200 seems like a good deal, but the LFRs on them are complete crap.
Quote by CJRocker
Maybe, they're $419 new. $200 seems like a good deal, but the LFRs on them are complete crap.

That's what I'm afraid of. I want another FR guitar so I can have one in standard and one in drop C (once the the Ibanez is done), but I don't wanna end up with something like the LO-TRS.

It can't be worse than that, can it?