So, I saw my Dad's briefcase being neglected and un-used, so I asked if he needed it.
Turns out he didn't:

So I opened it up, it has some pockets and things in it, I'll think I'll remove them, but I put some of my pedals inside to get an idea for the size:

Now what I need to do is remove all the interior extra bits, then I was thinking about raising the base a little with some mdf or something so I could put the wiring underneath, fitting some sort of power supply, and putting input/output sockets on the outside of the briefcase just to make it spiffy.

Thoughts, comments, adivce?

EDIT: Just so you know, the wah, and ds-2 won't be in there when this is done, I will probably try to fit a BBE sonic stomp, and some sort of delay in there, maybe a whammy and a TB box too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Last edited by fortysix&2 at Oct 9, 2007,
Very innovative,Well done!
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
thats awesome... yuo should put some reinforcement to that briefcase...

btw... is it thick enough?... i dont think the wah would fit there... but that can be fixed
The wah fits when closed, but I doubt I'll keep that and the dist pedal in there, as this is hopefully just going to be my bass case :P
I'll probably add a whammy, some sort of true bypass box and a nice delay, the main thing I'm worried about is not being able to get the to balanced XLR out on my preamp, I might have to make a socket for that on the outside of the briefcase too...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Thanks, I don't really have much wood experience yet, so I took a random guess.
What sort of supply should I use? A dc brick or just daisy chain a boss adapter?
I suppose if I get a whammy I'll need two different supplies anyway...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I was just thinking about a circuit like that, but then I'm both scared of hum from AC and not actually having an access to a socket...
Would it be feasible to rig a whole lot of 9v batteries (parrellel) into a box, and run a daisy chain from that? It sounds like it'd work, still not sure though.

EDIT: Was just reading about BOSS' adapters, the dc jacks are designed for regulated DC
And I guess my microbass works the same, and I'm not modding it... I'll think about building a circuit...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Last edited by fortysix&2 at Oct 9, 2007,
I dunno what a daisy chain is, but cramming a bunch of big, heavy, expensive batteries into a box isn't very practical imo. This circuit already has a filter in it anyway. See the grounded 1000uF cap from the bridge rectifier?
I missed that, I have no clue what having a transformer so close my pedals would do noise-wise either, do they make a lot of noise in pedals?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I heard something about transformers being near wahs being noisy...
Ah, and where does one acquire a nice 240v-25v tranny? I'm assuming that'll work here (EU on 240v not 110v?). Are they in anything that I'd find around the house?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG