I'm in a classical music program in college. I suggested to my guitar professor that we should play some jazz in guitar ensemble. But when ask exactly what we should play, I couldn't think of anything at the time. So, my question is: what would be some good jazz peices that could be arranged for four guitars? It doesn't have to be guitar based.
haha not traditional jazz, but powerhouse would be sweet man
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
You'd have to compose some counter parts yourself but, I can see Take Five being done really well. I preformed this with a CT Jazz Ensemble band at a Forum Music Festival in California and took home a gold.
take five would be amazing, if you could pull off some composing yourself like he said^
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
I would suggest any type of Bill Evans song, there's enough harmonic craziness in those songs that four guitars might not even be enough to fufill the demand of the changes.

But my personal favorite Evans standard would have to be "Time Remembered".
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Like I said, "Time Remembered" would be something that I bet could sound really interesting in that arrangement. His best versions were either on the album "The Interplay Sessions" or on "Loose Blues". I like both.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
or waltz for debbie by bill evans too

maybe in the red (an x-mas carol) by max roach

or summertime