Hey i don't know where else to put this and it is only directed at people who live in Alberta Canada or acctually know the answer to what im asking. Ok im planning to move to alberta in a month from saskatchewan. I know the cost of living is high but i was wondering how much on average do you guys pay for your vehicles a month. Also for health care. Just if anyone can give me a basic idea of how much money it is gonna cost me to settle in. Also i only am going there for maybe a little over 7 months so i was also wondering how long you can live there before you have to switch your car plates and health over. Im looking up some stuff right now but I thought i could always ask the trusty people in the pit too.
You have to move to Alberta. You have my depest condolances.

At least its a step up from Saskatchewan.

Quote by punkrocklove999
Also for health care.

You dont live in Sask or Canada for that point because you would know about our FREE health care
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Last edited by James_Water2 at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by James_Water2

You dont live in Sask or Canada for that point because you would know about our FREE health care

I am from saskatchewan, i just thought that health care was private in alberta now and that you needed insurance. And whats so bad about alberta. You make it sound like its so horrible.
Quote by *yournamehere*
Where in Alberta? The average house in Edmonton is something like $350000.

I think Calgary. Either or really. im looking into it. Also im only looking for apartments but i dont need costs on that. I just kinda wanna go somewhere that at least has some music scene besides prince albert saskatchewan.... Alberta is the only place i can afford to move and i also have some family there to stay at for a bit.
Quote by James_Water2

Die. Alberta is awesome . Health care is free

Go there for car insurance http://www.ama.ab.ca/cps/rde/xchg/ama/web/insurance_Personal-Auto-Insurance-Quote.htm?link=tsr

Oh and Calgary is pretty awesome I have lived here for my whole life.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by ldl67
alberta isn't awesome i lived in edmonton my whole life, but i think Calgary>Edmonton.

try living in prince albert saskatchewan
Quote by ldl67
alberta isn't awesome i lived in edmonton my whole life, but i think Calgary>Edmonton.

Edmonton is like a sewer compared to Calgary. They only got the mall and thats it
T3b 5w3
lucky mofo, I moved from calgary to saskatoon. BTW Calgary kicks major ass, no matter what other people say, it's pretty much the best. An hour or two from the skihills, amazing night life, all the big bands go through there. I'm jealous of you. even edmonton isn't that bad, it's like Regina except regina has no redeeming qualities.
Quote by farcry
lucky mofo, I moved from calgary to saskatoon. BTW Calgary kicks major ass, no matter what other people say, it's pretty much the best. An hour or two from the skihills, amazing night life, all the big bands go through there. I'm jealous of you. even edmonton isn't that bad, it's like Regina except regina has no redeeming qualities.

haha cool. Why did you move? Price? Also is there a good music scene there
Quote by punkrocklove999
try living in prince albert saskatchewan

worst city. ever.
^
Quote by Dimebag22
Edmonton is like a sewer compared to Calgary. They only got the mall and thats it

that mall represents everything i'm against.
sup?
i was born in calgary and raised there and its ok i guess, kind of a lame city for the music scene though. if you want to play music live and actually make a living off it you won't be able to in calgary.

the other thing that i hate about calgary is it has this gay cowboy image. most of the bars are themed cowboy, the sports arena is a giant saddle, the stampede attracts hicks and wankers from around the globe and packs the streets making it impossible to drive or get around for 10 days every summer, and the people for the most part are very conservative and stuck up.

thats why i moved and am never goin back to calgary. after australia i think ill move to bc or ontario. probably bc. Vancouver rocks.
Come to Ontario..we have John Tory..and his wild antics..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein