in one week from today.... i will be starting bass lessons with a very good teacher. he can teach me anything and says from today til then... i have to think of what i want out of it.

i want to learn intermideate theory... so i can jam and solo and make basslines well, but not like super hardcore theory, unless i start going for a grading thing.

i definatly want to learn some wow techneques and skills. i can slap and play finger style both pretty well. i can tap a very little bit, i dont do it alot but i get the concept and i can do it. things that will impress people and myself

i am just starting to attemp the victor wooten double thump thing.

i was just wondering what you guys think i should try and get out of this

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Try and get him to teach you how to apply some theory to bass especially. Also, how to write basslines. See if you can get a book that you both can work on together. Books usually order things, and exercise things very well.
I'm working with my teacher on rhythm, getting to real grips with different subdivisions of rhythm, and counting. I think this is incredibly useful as a musician as well as a bassist. I know drummers who communicate via counting rhythms and it would be nice to converse back to them back.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Try and get him to teach you how to apply some theory to bass especially. Also, how to write basslines. See if you can get a book that you both can work on together. Books usually order things, and exercise things very well.

this guy is a book, he's been playing for 25 years, went to the U of M for 7 years i think has a digree in teaching music, and teaching in general.... he won the MCMA bass player of the year 2 times and has been nominated 5 times.. u may have heard of him Vaughan Poyser... pretty known in the music community of winnipeg

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
No can't say I've ever heard of him. Regardless, even if he is a book, I would still say, to already have all exercises and ideas written down in one format is invaluable. Even the most infallible humans have fallibilities. By the by, while 7 years is nothing to sneeze at, it's only one music degree and a two year after-degree in teaching.