i was playing my marshall stack and the head started to throw smoke at me...soo i was amazed of the incredible amp construction, it even came with a fog machine for live shows...naaaa not at all. im thinking of getting a new one, a crate blue vooddo 120 or a peavey XXX head. i like playing heavy and bluesy stuff but always with clarity and punch, not to much gain or middle, kind of a tight tone in steroids...can someone tell me about these amps?? iff you one them its better!!!!!!!
What Marshall head was it?
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
What Marshall head was it?

Answer that question immediatly
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
I played a Blue Voodoo when they first came out (about 1990?) and I thought they sounded very good but I constantly hear on forums that they sound tinny and lack bottom end. Try before you buy. My experience with one was about two minutes in a music store at very low volume.
Oooooo! You let the secret grey smoke out of the electronics. Once the secret smoke gets let out, it will never work again....

Chris
Quote by Iamonfire
10 bucks says it's an MG.

5 says its AVT
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
for the record i didn't know from hear-say that the blue voodoo lacked bottom end. when i did play it, i cranked it a bit hoping to get something good out of it. but it really just sound like a gainy, tinny mess. there's distortion, but no balls to it. maybe a tube swap would help, but from what i've experienced, there's better amps out there.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Last edited by UnsignedRecords at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by UnsignedRecords
for the i didn't know from hear-say that the blue voodoo lacked bottom end. when i did play it, i cranked it a bit hoping to get something good out of it. but it really just sound like a gainy, tinny mess. there's distortion, but no balls to it. maybe a tube swap would help, but from what i've experienced, there's better amps out there.

The cabs and stock tubes are horrid. (well mostly the tubes)

It's quite awesome if you put a mesa or a vader for a cab and get it retubed/rebiased.

That's what I did and I have the money to buy whatever now, but I don't really have the motivation to do that haha.
^ oh cool, maybe soundclips? kinda interested in what it can do.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Kinda sounds to me like some of those big ass (filter?) caps blew... they can smoke big time if they blow out mid performance.
Quote by juanito3
im using a marshall mg50dfx

Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
Quote by juanito3
i. i like playing heavy and bluesy stuff but always with clarity and punch, not to much gain or middle, kind of a tight tone in steroids...can someone tell me about these amps?? iff you one them its better!!!!!!!

Right. Because your MG had clarity and tightness on steriods in abundance, didn't it
Quote by sword shredder

where did you get that from ? i don't see that post here...
and btw i think the only MG head is a 100 watter.
Quote by igotabcrich32

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by The red Strat.

it's one of the TS's previous posts. It's in a thread about getting an yngwie tone

And afaik you're right, the only MG head is the 100 watt one so either the TS is misinformed or he's talking about something else.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by The red Strat.

He's using the combo plugged into some 4x12 cab...

Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
well didnt he say stack?

either way, who knows how he plugged it into the cab, might have been the problem there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
well didnt he say stack?

either way, who knows how he plugged it into the cab, might have been the problem there.

He could've been running into this.
Ben
MG dude...and yes I runnned it throught a 4X12. but it has been like that for some years
ha, well no one said MG's were made to last

my friend had 2. they both died on him.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by juanito3
MG dude...and yes I runnned it throught a 4X12. but it has been like that for some years

you should be happy. now you can get a decent amp
bahhhhhh...f#^&ck Marshall mg I just got a Peavey XXX Head!!!!sound great dought!!
^Great upgrade!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia