Page 1 of 2
A few days ago i posted about my best friend (jessie )who told me she was suicidal and how she was pissed at me for telling my parents...

Well its gotten so much worse.

SO jessie told my other best friend danielle that she was suicidal as well. Danielle didn't know what to do so she called me and i told her that Jessie had told me already.

Since jessie's parents did NOTHING when we told her that her daughter was suicidal we thought the only thing left to do would be go to a counselor.

The next morning we got to school early and went to talk to a counselor. We told her that we had a friend and that she could be trying to commit suicide very soon. The counselor thanked us took our names and we left. That afternoon jessie told me that she would never talk to me again for telling the counselor and i was ok with it because i figured i had saved her life to some extent. Then i get home...

My mom is on the phone with jessie's mom. Jessies mom then tells my mom that they got a call from the counselor that I turned her in about a "false suicide' and the counselor said jessie is really fine. Then jessies mom proceeds to tell my mom that Jessie and I are just in a fight and that im trying to ruin her reputation by saying she is suicidal.

I know this message probably made no sense but im SO ****ING MAD.

First of all why the hell would a counselor just make the judgement that a suicidal girl is fine? I mean it would be her ass on the line if jessie killed herself...

Second why the **** would her parents not even care and pretend like nothing is wrong.
I guess i'm just venting now cause i don't know where else to go from here. I almost wish she did kill herself because then i wouldn't look like im so crazy...
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
well just remember to tell your friend....not across the road, not down the highway, across the jugular. if she wants to kill herself let her do it, shes not worth anyone's time. why should you value her life if she doesnt value her own.
Go and see her about it. Sort it out face to face. Get your other friend involved aswell. Try to reason with her parents but don't get angry or shout just stay calm. If taking a load of **** to save a friends life is what you have to do then do it.
Good luck mate

EDIT:
Quote by pimpslap1236
well just remember to tell your friend....not across the road, not down the highway, across the jugular. if she wants to kill herself let her do it, shes not worth anyone's time. why should you value her life if she doesnt value her own.

Do you know anyone who has commited suicide? Do you know this person there could be any number of reasons. I actually hope you rot in hell.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Why are you being a little snitch?

I'm sure your friend IS fine. She is just going through a rough time like ALL teenagers do at some point. Just leave her alone.
She'll get over it. Smack some sense into her.

And I can't see her problem with you being concerned about her well-being.....

but i would just let it sort itself out.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by pimpslap1236

Maddox FTW!!
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
nm
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

Frankly I think she's just doing it for attention, as a not-quite-yet registered psychologist, you don't 'tell' somebody your suicidal. unfortunately it just doesn't work that way
McDowell?
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I can see it now, in a year we will have kids walking up to girls "Hey baby, my career score on guitar hero is over 3 mill, ooooooh yeeah"

IS THAT SYRUP IN YOUR PANTS OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME??!!
If the parents and counciler don't care, let her kill herself. Obviously it's not worth anyones time to save one teenager if she is indeed suicidal. If she's not tell her sorry and that you were just worried about her and that you didn't want to lose a good friend.
Sorry dude, UG cant help you with this type of problem. But if you have any questions about your penis we'll be glad to help.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
You should talk to her for like 10 seconds, and in that 10 seconds, tell her "I went out of my way because I care for you and your well-being, and you're going to go and make me look like an idiot. Grow up, and from now on, handle your own problems. Fuck you."

Then never talk to her again.
Quote by LespaulsRcool

First of all why the hell would a counselor just make the judgement that a suicidal girl is fine? I mean it would be her ass on the line if jessie killed herself...

Counselors are always the least qualified stupidest people in the school. Seriously, they end up becoming counselors because they failed at every other school related job. You'd be better off asking the janitor for help.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Count Seanula

EDIT:

Do you know anyone who has commited suicide? Do you know this person there could be any number of reasons. I actually hope you rot in hell.

obviously you've never heard of maddox.

and yes, i do know someone who committed suicide, and i have no bad feeling in saying i really dont care that he did, he destroyed his friends, family and everyone around him, all for attention. anyone who will say "im gonna kill myself, not even kidding!" just do it, save yourself, and everyone else some time, and just put your worthless life to an end. i feel no sympathy for those who take their lives for granted and do stupid **** like suicide for attention. also, i do not believe in a hell so therefore, i hope YOU, rot in your next reincarnated life.
Last edited by pimpslap1236 at Oct 9, 2007,
To be honest....not everyone kills them selfs for attention some are really depressed. This case sounds like it is just for attention but not all cases are like that,
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
To be honest....not everyone kills them selfs for attention some are really depressed. This case sounds like it is just for attention but not all cases are like that,

that still goes with what i said, if you want to kill yourself, just ****ing do it! nobody is going to stop you. if someone is suffering from a terrible illness with no hope of recovery, then id say, do it, and i wish you well, because THAT is something that is only recoverable through death, in other words acceptable suicide. but some dick who kills himself because his girlfriend broke up with him didnt deserve to have life anyway, therefore the faster that retard kills himself the better.
Why? Because high school guidance counselors are useless. You're better off calling a suicide hotline FFS.

I'm guessing you're younger than 18. What the counselor has to do legally is call the police if they think there is actual reason for concern. Did this counselor even talk to your friend?

Now, regardless of whether or not your friend is actually going to kill herself, suicidal thoughts and telling people you want to kill yourself are a cry for help. So the counselor should be helping her regardless. No one says they are going to kill themselves for absolutely no reason.

Jesus, I'm not even close to being a counselor and I can figure this **** out.

As for what's wrong with the family: They neglect your friend. Your friend is crying out for help by telling you these things and getting the attention she doesn't get from her family, which is exactly why she would tell you something so serious in the first place.

Help your friend find someone to talk to.
Last edited by Inimical at Oct 9, 2007,
Suicidal people don't tell others about killing themselves, generally speaking.
Quote by imicius
Suicidal people don't tell others about killing themselves, generally speaking.

thats why this friend = fake
there's only one thing left to do.

kill yourself.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Reminds me of the time one of my "friends" was "suicidal". Some friends and myself were talking to him on MSN trying to convince him not to kill himself. Eventually one of my friends calls the police and tells them about what's going on. So the cops get there, his parents answer the door, and they're really confused. So he tells the cops that someone hacked his MSN account and was pretending to be him and ****.
Usually when someone is going around telling everyone "OMG, my life leik suxxx, ima killz myselfz...."

They just want attention. The ones who are serious will never tell anyone.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Say what
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
You did the right thing to tell your parents and the councilor. Their are a few possibilities to what is really going on.

1. The councilor isn't very good.

2. Your friend isn't really suicidal. Your friend could just be doing that for attention. You should do a google search on things to look for to find out if they are suicidal. I did a search and found these sites for you.
http://www.familymentalhealth.com/suicide.htm
http://mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=465&cn=9
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/s/suicide/symptoms.htm
SHE IS AN ATTENTION WHORE

just like every other teenage girl
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
wow thanks for all the links...

And although i know she wants attention- thats what EVERYONE who commits suicide wants, but i know there is more too it.

I was the only one she ever told and she told me she would never speak to me again if i told a soul. She told me because she wanted help but it was too much for me so i told the counselor.

I checked the links and she checks off on most of the signs, especially the one about writing poems about death...
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
TS, think about it. If your friend told you and your friend about her being suicidal and then she goes and denies it to her parents and your counselor, then its out of your hands, and if she does kill herself everybody is gonna say that they should've listened to you.

All in all you win.

Except for your attention grabbing friend...who is now dead.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by LespaulsRcool
wow thanks for all the links...

And although i know she wants attention- thats what EVERYONE who commits suicide wants, but i know there is more too it.

I was the only one she ever told and she told me she would never speak to me again if i told a soul. She told me because she wanted help but it was too much for me so i told the counselor.

I checked the links and she checks off on most of the signs, especially the one about writing poems about death...

That is NOT what you said in your Original Post:
Quote by LespaulsRcool
A few days ago i posted about my best friend (jessie )who told me she was suicidal and how she was pissed at me for telling my parents...

Well its gotten so much worse.

SO jessie told my other best friend danielle that she was suicidal as well. Danielle didn't know what to do so she called me and i told her that Jessie had told me already.

Since jessie's parents did NOTHING when we told her that her daughter was suicidal we thought the only thing left to do would be go to a counselor.

The next morning we got to school early and went to talk to a counselor. We told her that we had a friend and that she could be trying to commit suicide very soon. The counselor thanked us took our names and we left. That afternoon jessie told me that she would never talk to me again for telling the counselor and i was ok with it because i figured i had saved her life to some extent. Then i get home...

My mom is on the phone with jessie's mom. Jessies mom then tells my mom that they got a call from the counselor that I turned her in about a "false suicide' and the counselor said jessie is really fine. Then jessies mom proceeds to tell my mom that Jessie and I are just in a fight and that im trying to ruin her reputation by saying she is suicidal.

I know this message probably made no sense but im SO ****ING MAD.

Second why the **** would her parents not even care and pretend like nothing is wrong.
I guess i'm just venting now cause i don't know where else to go from here. I almost wish she did kill herself because then i wouldn't look like im so crazy...

If Jessie told Daniellle, then you don't look crazy.

If she didn't, why did you say she did?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
A councilor once told a friend of mine during his freshman year that he would probably commit suicide within the next 6 months. We're juniors now.

High school councilors don't know what the hell they are talking about. That's why they work at a high school and not at a psychology clinic.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by kilbie
You did the right thing to tell your parents and the councilor. Their are a few possibilities to what is really going on.

1. The councilor isn't very good.

2. Your friend isn't really suicidal. Your friend could just be doing that for attention. You should do a google search on things to look for to find out if they are suicidal. I did a search and found these sites for you....

I agree most with this post. If someone tells you they are suicidal (especially if you aren't expecting it, but it makes sense afterwards) you've got to do something. Hell, if they're just wanting attention, then maybe all the negative bull that comes after will teach them that suicide is not something you joke about for attention. I have friends who have been suicidal. True, most suicidals never mention it, but if it is someone you generally care about, no one can blame you for trying to get some help.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

what would uncle Jesse do? WHAT ON EARTH IS UNCLE JESSE GOING TO DO?!
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Page 1 of 2