Im trying to decide on a Delay pedal, but i dont know which to get. i dont want to lose tone by going digital but i really like the reverse delay effect and how much longer you can set the delay to be but i dont want anything sucking my tone. any suggestions?
Id get a Memory man delay. but for reverse Delay, id say a Danelectro pedal is the only way to get that effect. Maybe a Line 6 delay might get that effect.
boss dd6 or dd3, you wont regret it
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
btw im trying to keep it under 120 $
whats the difference b/w the dd6 and dd3.
and gotsa, the dd6 has the reverse effect
Quote by qotsa1998
Id get a Memory man delay. but for reverse Delay, id say a Danelectro pedal is the only way to get that effect. Maybe a Line 6 delay might get that effect.

if danelectro was the only way to get that effect, they wouldnt cost twenty dollars. the dd6 has it, so does the digitech (dont get that)

a memory man would be the best quality wise, but its pricy. boss is the way to go man
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by leeej
btw im trying to keep it under 120 $
whats the difference b/w the dd6 and dd3.
and gotsa, the dd6 has the reverse effect

dd6 has tap tempo, longer delay, reverse, and warp. the dd3 is just a basic delay, but its really good quality in my opinion
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
A good delay pedal won't (or shouldn't) suck any tone, no matter if it's digital or analog.There is a big tone difference between analog and digital delays, so there's no best choice between the two.

If you want the reverse delay and hold features, you have to get a digital delay. If you like the warm tone of the analog delay and don't need a lot of repeat time, go with analog. If you've got a lot of cash to spend, I recommend getting a modded digital delay. Keeley and Analogman modify a few digital delay pedals (Boss DD-3/DD-6) giving them a high-cut mod to make them sound more like an analog delay, but still keep the reverse and hold settings that you can only find on a digital delay.

There's tons of pedals to choose from. I would suggest a DD-3 to start with, maybe get a used DD-6 if you're on a budget but still want the reverse features.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by winno
The Marshall Echohead seems pretty cool, has reverse delay and models analog delays. It's around the same price as a DD-3 as well.

Plus it doesn't suck tone like every single Boss Pedal.

I'd go with the Echohead it is an amazing little pedal, only problem is you have to buy a tap tempo switch separately or you could make your own.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
^'d rather have a separate tap tempo switch than the tap tempo mode on my dd-6
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra