I'm getting a new guitar pretty soon. I play mainly metal (Arch Enemy, Job for a cowboy) and some alternative (smashing pumpkins, red hot chili peppers) as well. I've saved up about 650 USD. I've been looking at these guitars.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGT42FX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512399

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-VBlade-VBT700-Electric-Guitar?sku=512556

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=511668

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Electric-Guitar?sku=512230

which one should I get. Other suggestions are welcome as well.
The DK2 or the RGT becuase the Rhoads and V Blade have really bad upper fret access.and arent very comfy.
I like Ibanez better but out of YOUR selection, the Jacksons are better.

for Ibanez, try the RG550 20th Anniversary or RG1570 and compare
the RR3. the duncans are great
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
The Dinky, its perfect for your styles.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The Jackson Dk2. Better construction, and higher quality parts than the Ibanez. Extremely versatile too.
Quote by Arkhimedes
I like Ibanez better but out of YOUR selection, the Jacksons are better.

for Ibanez, try the RG550 20th Anniversary or RG1570 and compare

those are a little out of my price range
out of the selection i'd prefer the Jackson RR3 pro guitar.
i love the floyd rose tremolo on it and i love the classic rhoads design... it looks kick ass
the only thing it's missing for me is a couple of Active EMG pickups!
jackson's are great for metal.
Quote by atreyu34
yeah that sounds cool but is it very durable?

Yeah, the C1 Hellraiser is a pretty solid (literally and figuratively) choice.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by atreyu34
yeah that sounds cool but is it very durable?

Oh yes very... This honestly is my favorite guitar, despite the thousand dollar guitars out there, it plays the music I like amazingly... (Job for a cowboy, Arch Enemy, Emmure, Bring me the Horizon, ETC)
Get the Dinky. They are amazing.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by Galapogos
The DK2 or the RGT becuase the Rhoads and V Blade have really bad upper fret access.and arent very comfy.

95% of all the people who say that Rhoads V's have bad upper fret access and aren't comfy either have never played a Rhoads V or don't know how to sit with them.

When it comes down to the hardware, I don't suggest the DK2 because of the two single coils. Not too great to shred on IMO because of the buzz. As for the other 3, try before you buy. Personally based on looks alone, definitely go for the Rhoads V.
jackson dk all the way i got one its great..i put in a OFR and a dimebucker and its best guitar ive ever had =p
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
i accidently hit post..i wasnt done lol..

the FR on the Dk is pretty decent no were as good at a OFR but its pretty close.

And the duncs on it are nice there real =p...i like the 2 single coil and a hum

The "transparent blue" looks alot better then the red. ( I am talkin about the lefty version never played a righty but i would assume it is same quaility..)
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Quote by Vittu0666
95% of all the people who say that Rhoads V's have bad upper fret access and aren't comfy either have never played a Rhoads V or don't know how to sit with them.

When it comes down to the hardware, I don't suggest the DK2 because of the two single coils. Not too great to shred on IMO because of the buzz. As for the other 3, try before you buy. Personally based on looks alone, definitely go for the Rhoads V.

They are hum-cancelling singles, I have the DK-2, they're awesome for shredding with, that and the bands he listed don't really 'shred'
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by atreyu34
that's a little out of my price range

Save a little more, it will be worth it.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by Vittu0666

I actually have played a Rhoads,the RR3 to be exact and I know how to sit with them.Flying V guitars are just simply uncomfortable.I would rather have a guitar where I can sit how I want with out some horn or wing jabbing me in whatever.They just arent very,I dont know easy to play.I want to play with my guitar not fight it.You may like your Rhoads,but I'm just expressing what I think.
instead of dk2, id say dk2m for the dual humbuckers.
and its cooler, imo
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I'd go for either the VBT or the RR3 for sure for the better playability and ease of shred. I think the VBT has the edge over the two becuase of superior neck joint and pickups.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by atreyu34
those are a little out of my price range

Sell your fender frontman. Problem solved.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I have to say that I'm more impressed with the single SD's on my DK2 than the SD humbucker. I've been thinking about moving the humbucker to my Yamaha RGX and getting a DiMarzio Tone Zone for my Dinky. But overall, I love my Jackson.
I'd go for the RR3 there awesome you wont be disapointed
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I'd personally agree with saving up for the RG1570
BUT if you really dont want to, get the dinky.