ok, when i searched, theres a billion threads about how to scream....but i want to know..... ok story first:

i suck at singing... is there anyway to fix that? if there is SPILL THE BEANZ!!! I NEEDA SING FOR THE LADIES LULZ

thanks UG

I LOVE YOU GUYS (and very few girls)
UG's HIPPIE
"the zen of screaming" might help you (it's a dvd)
Looking for a new sig!
practise alot. ive been taking lessons for 3 years, it's helped me alot, im still not very good, but ive definitely improved.
I completely blew at singing when I started. I can sing pretty well now.

Just practice. If it's as bad as you say, get a vocal teacher.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
read the whole post.... i didnt say i wanted to learn to scream.. i can scream already... i need to know how to SING.... lol

Quote by jaypooner
practice makes perfect...so go practice

how do you practice singing?? everytime i try its off pitch and stuff...
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
read the whole post.... i didnt say i wanted to learn to scream.. i can scream already... i need to know how to SING.... lol

how do you practice singing?? everytime i try its off pitch and stuff...

oh sorry , anyways practice with live music (while playing guitar or another instrument of your choice)
Sing karaoke, if you're bad the crowd will pelt you until you get better.

I'm serious, open mic night taught me to sing right.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Sing karaoke, if you're bad the crowd will pelt you until you get better.

I'm serious, open mic night taught me to sing right.

that made me lol.... just the visual

no "open mic night" in my town

for a few hours i was singing...well trying to sing Adam Sandler's "I want to grow old with you"
but i suck at it
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
that made me lol.... just the visual

no "open mic night" in my town

for a few hours i was singing...well trying to sing Adam Sandler's "I want to grow old with you"
but i suck at it

Pick up some of John Frusciante's solo project and sing along that'll give you the most powerful tool in your singing arsenal. Seriously, falsetto is the tapping of vocals.
Dickless.
The easiest way to get better at singing is to sing.

When I first started singing I found it VERY difficult to sing in tune and to hold notes so I practiced by training my ear how to recognize whether or not something is in tune or not. Then I would practice singing scales while playing them on my guitar IN TUNE.

I would sing each major scale starting on the lowest note I could sing (which at the time was an open A, but is now the open E) and then sing to the highest note I could hit, including falsetto (which at the time was the G on the fifteenth fret of the thin e, but is now the C at the 20th fret on the thin e).

It's really very important to practice this daily (it only takes 5 or 10 minutes) to improve tuning your voice, endurance and the duration of how long you can sing a note. It may seem boring and repetitious but it truly does help.
I'd say try and sing along with Jeff Buckley, he is amazing, and his songs are definitely good practice. Try Hallelujah, and Corpus Christi Carol, those are good to sing with.

And Hallelujah is a heart melter in my opinion.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
since your here i take it you play guitar. try to sing with yourself going up and down the c major scale in first (easiest) position, when (if) it leaves your range STOP. going slow is important, make sure you match each pitch, use a tuner if you even think you may need too. sing in the shower.
also when you breathe to sing open your mouth like your drinking a glass of water (lifting your soft pallete) for better resonence, airflow and pitch
Quote by Tsunoyukami
The easiest way to get better at singing is to sing.

When I first started singing I found it VERY difficult to sing in tune and to hold notes so I practiced by training my ear how to recognize whether or not something is in tune or not. Then I would practice singing scales while playing them on my guitar IN TUNE.

I would sing each major scale starting on the lowest note I could sing (which at the time was an open A, but is now the open E) and then sing to the highest note I could hit, including falsetto (which at the time was the G on the fifteenth fret of the thin e, but is now the C at the 20th fret on the thin e).

It's really very important to practice this daily (it only takes 5 or 10 minutes) to improve tuning your voice, endurance and the duration of how long you can sing a note. It may seem boring and repetitious but it truly does help.

well isnt that first part the same as ear traing for guitar? cuz i can deffinatly tell when something is even slightly outta tune on guitar....

i'll practice that...

you win for best reply
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
well isnt that first part the same as ear traing for guitar? cuz i can deffinatly tell when something is even slightly outta tune on guitar....

i'll practice that...

you win for best reply

Yes it is the same thing as ear training for guitar but it is an extremely important skill. When I first started singing my ear was good enough to tune my guitar by ear (in relation to one note that was in tune), however after I started singing it thoroughly helped my ability to sing.

It's also very important to sing along to songs, whether it be in your basement, in the shower, in the car wherever. It doesn't even have to be the vocal melody - by singing the parts of different instruments you are getting practice and are learning to hear different instruments too (which is just a bonus )
Vocal tutor for the win. I could sing ok before, now I can sing better. Practise your breathing technique too, like, holding notes for a while. Thom Yorke does it plenty in Radiohead songs so you shouldn't have any problem finding an example.
practice, im a vocalist in a rock/metal/alternative band, and all i did was sing as much as possible, i eventually got a good voice. i mean its not gonna happen over night, obviously, it took me about 2 years to gain a singing voice...so, just practice, and confide in someone to tell u how ur doing, go to a vocal teacher, or a choir teacher at ur school. ull get it just dont stop practicin, and it help sif u drink a lot of water
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
Vocal tutor for the win. I could sing ok before, now I can sing better. Practise your breathing technique too, like, holding notes for a while. Thom Yorke does it plenty in Radiohead songs so you shouldn't have any problem finding an example.

I agree that a vocal tutor is the best way to go. However, I personally am not willing to pay for anything really so...yeah.

I agree with singing along to Radiohead songs. That's where I learned how to sing well in falsetto before any other kind of singing.