Page 5 of 53
No one got any good "The Crusade" Tones the album by Trivium?

Im using ESP guitar and Randall Amp
Quote by kyrreca
Ok, I thought this thread was meant for those kind of questions. The Racer X settings on the first page aren't too close to what I'm after. I was just looking for a short cut, like everyone else.

Well, any setting at all is already a shortcut, even if it's "not too close", as most artists have a similar tone throughout their career. I guarantee you that not a single one of those settings are exactly correct, as most of them are a certain person's guess at it, with their guitar, their amp, and the hardest thing to replicate: their playing style.

So yeah, feel free to ask for a band/artist that's not there. Or better yet, just play with your EQ and the controls on your guitar, imo that's the best way to find a tone you're after.
but when u ask, post a video with it. not just "what's the *insert artist here*'s *insert album name here* tone???" question.

be sure to make it catchy so i can watch the vid and suggest a setting. cuz if i don't like it, i won't even watch a vid. somebody else might be nice enough to suggest something though.

it looks like im the only one suggesting settings frequently here... some people come and go dropping off settings tho. so they can help too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Sorry if it's here already, but how about Eric Johnson? Couldn't find it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by howey
Any one got any machinehead tones ?
From the blackening and empires

Anything ?
Anyone got:
Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuO7RIL4hPs)
Ian D'Sa from Billy Talent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7En9uIDdc50)
Dallas Green and Wade MacNeil from Alexisonfire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgR2noGfKHU)
Luke Hoskin and Tim Millar from Protest The Hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JA8K1PDM5M)
Tom Keeley and Steve Pedulla from Thursday(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rrq8QkoyMQ)
or Justin Beck from glassJAw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9gEHgOGGk)?

I know that's a lot to ask for but I thought if I post en mass people could pick and choose if they can help at all. Thanks.
^Heh, good luck with that one.

EJ is the biggest tone freak on the planet, his tone is impossible to replicate.

Haha i know but i've seen a few videos where the difference is slim to none.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
^i love eric johnson's clean tone. u know on those lesson videos? it's awesome. blackface fenderish tone that i love.

the clean tone is like:
Treble 6
Mid 3
Bass 2

stratocaster with i guess really chimey pickups?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Has anyone got an eric johnson type tone, preverably for cliffs of dover? I have a boss me-50 for the distortion and whatever, and a roland cube 15 for basic EQ
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Anyone got a good Dave Mustaine tone from Megadeth's Peace Sells album, specifically the song "Peace Sells"? Or from Rust in Peace, i.e. "Holy Wars"?

If so, PM me!!!
Proud owner of a Marshall JCM 800 2204 MK II

Colonel of the Megadeth Military

PM BlackicN to join/get ranking
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
Has anyone got an eric johnson type tone, preverably for cliffs of dover? I have a boss me-50 for the distortion and whatever, and a roland cube 15 for basic EQ

he doesn't use much distortion... at least not a really harsh distortion. really smooth tone he gets from his amp.

i'd say T5 M8 B7 with ur guitar's tone knob turned down to desired point.

for cleans, T6 M3 B2.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Can someone give me the Hillel Slovak settings of the first RHCP album?
u guys must wait till somebody who likes those bands to come around.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Anyone got Coheed & Cambria settings? Sorry if its already been asked couldn't be bothered looking through 9 pages.
Guitar:Gibson Les Paul Standard

Amp:Vox AC30

Everyone listen to MGMT
haste the day???? plz plz plz
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
Umm does anyone know if its possible to get an mcr tone using a peavey blazer 158, and epiphone les paul jr? Thank you
i break things often...

gear
-------------------------
Schecter C1 red roach
Epiphone dot
Epiphone DC Les paul Junior
Roland 30 cube
Fender M80 chorus
i need someone to tell me a good acdc tone to get out of my electro harmonix metal muff and or any other good metallica or any other good band settings thanks in advance.
any chance some one knows some Blink settings
or funeral for a friend? thhhnx
Quote by Knapton
Anyone know Tom Delonge's settings on his rectifier for enema of the state or the live album.

Try
Gain-8
Treble-7
Mid-2
Bass-4

Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
does any1 have benji madden or good charlotte amp settings?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Emmure? linky
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
hey...i realized that the metallica and justice for all tone isnt all that great. Can anyone give me the raw distorted sound for the rhythm guitar from that album? PLEASE?
sweet thread...I just got a Blues Junior and was looking for the Neil Young tone. Thanks to whoever posted it!
^you must... join the blues jr group.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
could someone give me the setting for smells like teen spirit by nirvana for my electro harmonix metal muff thanks in advance.
i getta sweet van halen outta my 84/40 and my strat ( bridge pup tone and volume 10) what i run:
treble mid basss: the pots dont work so they re set where ever they re broken too
volume: 10
gain: 5 w/ 10 db boost
ts9: tone 3/4 gain 3/4 levle 1/3
gives really smooth lead tones and a nice crunch on rythem works really well for "got me going" "running with the devil" "eruption" "hot for teacher" and all his tapping parts
^nice. what kind of amp do u have?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
a seymour duncan 84/40 and a vj for my "good" amps, i have a sunn that someone gave me for free that my vocalist uses and a fender 650 that i cant stand. the 84/40 is actually based on a black face ( a vintage deluxe reverb to be exact) but it has some push pull pots that reallly make the thing scream ( you can get 6db on channel one and 10 db on channel 2 plus a 6-12 db treble boost on clean) its a pretty cool amp sounds really nice and the things wicked loud
mmm sexy. does it get real gritty when boosted???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yah it pretty much does everything it gets really gritty when you crank it on channel one on channel two its weird chords are really gritty and leads are smooth and liquidy, when i crank channel two all i think is "brown sound" but i have t o leave the room when i crank it , you can always really hear the notes through it though(keeps its definition), it doesnt get muddy like a lotta amps when you crank it
Someone has to have a good setting for that raw sound on "...And Justice for All" Please Help with this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!