Anyone ever use one? Did you like it? I'm thinking about getting one because its cheap and sounds good from what I've heard, but I'd like to get some opinions from the all-knowing UG members
i have one. dont waste your money.
its terrible.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
dont do it
i got one, the buzz is TERRIBLE
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
I have one, it's perfect for that metal-y tone...just get a noise gate or something.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
It sounds like ****. Unless you have only been playing for a week, then it's wicked. Just save your money.
Save up and get something of good quality or otherwise you'll end up wasting your money for buying double equipment.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by chris barto
dude its 30$ who the **** cares if its a waste ****

someone who's on a budget? You might think it's a good deal cuz you're short on money, but after say a month or two later when your ear's better trained and you want better tone you'll want to buy a new "quality" pedal. I'm sure you won't think it's such a good deal then cuz you're probably still gonna be on a budget.

$30 is $30. Even if it's all you can afford, what's better? A noisy scratchy irritating-as-f*ck tone or a slightly lacking amp model? I don't even use my digitech grunge anymore and it's 10X better than some $30 plastic piece of crap.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
$15, that's how much I paid for my FAB pedals.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
hahahaha ill buy that grunge off you? for like 40 bucks or something because up here in canada you can get it for 60
its 15, not 30. its nice, but get a noise gate, then you can use any danelectro fab pedal
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
get a boss ds-1 its 10 bucks more and a million times better
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by chris barto
ok im gonna sounds ike an idiot whats a noise gate

It's a pedal that will eliminate all, if not most of the buzzing and feedback that you get (usually off distortion pedals).

I support whoever mentioned the Digitech Grunge pedal. That's my main distortion pedal (i have a Digitech DF-7) when i'm practicing and writing songs and i want heavy distortion but not that metal sound.

Quote by CullenT
get a boss ds-1 its 10 bucks more and a million times better

Don't get it... TS was looking at a metal pedal so i'm assuming he wants distortion appropriate for metal music. The DS-1 will never be able to give him the tone and amount of distortion he wants.

For the people saying its $15, I can only order it from my local music store, so its $27 something plus tax. So, that makes the price of pedals like the DS-1 rise quite a bit...
I got the fab metal free with my total guitar subscription. its fun for just messing about with but its not that good and i would never use mine live.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet