Can anyone tell me if its normal to have somewhat of pain in the middle of my hand right below my two middle fingers after hours and hours over the course of two days trying to master a certin part in a song im learning....like it actually hurts a lil now. i think its isometric tension because im not releasing the strings lol...im lifting my fingers...but any tips or points to stop myself from doing this?
If you play for more than 3-4 hours, sometimes you will develop hand pains. It's not exactly normal, but it isn't dangerous or anything. It's just like when you overwork your muscles, they cramp. Just take a break from playing for a little bit. Basically, when you play guitar, you use the string-like muscles on top of the wrist, the ones below it, and the muscles in your hand. These will burn, ache, and get sore eventually. Just don't overdo it and you're good. But if they continue to hurt for longer periods of time, go see someone about it because you don't want to do any damage .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Thanks man, motocross isnt something i necessarily need lol, but i wish i had a dirtbike. Peaaace.
Haha yeah it's fun, but then you get arm pump from the motos :P.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401