my dads great dane just died and hes extremely upset because hes been going through hard times for the past 5 years(2 divorces,lost his job etc.)hes also an alcholic who drinks alot when hes depressed.i was just wandering if anybody else has anything that would help me out because i just dont know how to be there for him and hes always been there for me so i feel like an a**hole.
just tell him that you're there for him, thats rough though. I hope some good things start coming his way soon, and I'm sure things will pick up for him evenutally.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
hug him? i dont know hows ur relationship with ur dad but i jsut go to m ydad and hug him if i see him down or mess around with him
^i like how you think, but my dad isnt like that.hed never let me drink he knows that i do occasionaly but he doesnt want me to start drinking because thats what ruined his life
how old are you if i may ask
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
do something fun w/ him to get his mind off of it.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
yea unless you're old enough to drink with him i'd suggest just do something with him; whether its sit down in front of the tube and watch some sports and joke around or throw a football or baseball around in the backyard.

in my shoes though i'd bring home a case of beer or a bottle of whiskey and give it to him then have a couple with the old man
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
do something fun w/ him to get his mind off of it.

I wouldn't do something fun... something chill, but be there for him. you want him to feel supported, but not smothered.
strippers. I'm sorry if it seem odd. But hire him some young, sexy strippers. or prostitutes.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
ok for everyone saying drink with him, hes an alcoholic. thats a retarded idea
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by ep1kz
how old are you if i may ask

im only 16
but i kinda want to keep him from drinking because when hes depressed he wont quit once he starts and hes had to get his stomach pumped multiple times for drinking to much(all when he was depressed)
I happen to be a lunatic on a pogo stick...

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

sounds like my late dad (r.i.p.). just be his friend - it'll make you two closer, and having a friend is really all he needs. good luck.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
ok for everyone saying drink with him, hes an alcoholic. thats a retarded idea

no... it's not like alcoholics can never drink. In fact, it'll help make the moment more "real" for him. as long as he's not drinking alone.
im leaving for the weekend on thursday so im gonna take off school tommorow and spend the day with him.he wants to carve a gravestone for him so im taking my a piece of mahogany i had for my next project over and were going to route it to shape then carve his name and stuff in it. i kinda just want to use it to get his mind occupied on something else
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
no... it's not like alcoholics can never drink. In fact, it'll help make the moment more "real" for him. as long as he's not drinking alone.

the bottom line is the majority of the time alcoholics cant stop themselves from drinking if they start. just not really a good idea. and pinky, i want to shake your hand if you know that reference
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by gopherthegreat
just make sure he knows you love him and you're there for him

Yep. Also, don't want to be a dick, I'm not a grammar nazi or nothin' but it is 'wondering' not 'wandering'. You aren't walking aimlessly. I've seen this mistake so many times the past few days.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
the bottom line is the majority of the time alcoholics cant stop themselves from drinking if they start. just not really a good idea. and pinky, i want to shake your hand if you know that reference

Apache Rose Peacock. But I realy do love pogo sticks =)

i was thinking about that(my mom hates the puppy she got not long ago so i can get it free and he already likes my dad)
Bring him home a great dane puppy.....

beat to it well 1+ for the puppy then.
Get him another dog.

Make sure he knows your there for him, and hopefully, his life'll take a turn for the better.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
My dog died recently and it is horrible. I just wanted to be alone so I could cry...
your probably gonna wanna wait a tad longer than a day before you get him a new dog.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
^ I wouldn't wait, people who go through a lot of different stuff, and especially right after a loss are usually insanely depressed and some lead to doing some crazy things I would try to cheer your father up as much and as soon as possible. I don;t want to insinuate that your father will take his own life or do something to that nature, but in my personal experience, I have had 2 separate occasions where alcohol plus overwhelming loss' and personal problems led tot hat sort of thing.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Do not give him a new dog without telling him.

Ask if he wants to go to the pound an find another Puppy. Also, ask if he wants to go shopping for a little stone with the Dogs named carved on it to remember it by. You can put it in his garden by the Dog's favorite spot to lay.
^ my dad wouldnt want to buy one.i asked him earlier if he wanted to do that and he said he would rather make one because it would mean more to him when he sees it