Whilst I play, every two and a half minutes or so my strings are noticeably out of tune.

I don't mean like my low e-string at a drop D and my high e string at a high B, but enough to where when you pump it into a bit of distortion, it sounds like a dying cat.

Problem is I may have to perform with this thing within the next couple of weeks and I may not be able to get to a guitar store and get a tremlock or replace my tuners. (I'm on a b.c. Rich Avenge SOB btw, no trem.)

Is there a cheap fix to hold the strings in place? Even if changing tunings is compromised, I don't care, as long as I can hold it in a damn tune. I can adapt to playing standard E (I'd rather, actually.) as long as it will stay.

Also, one more question. Where the hell could I buy a new set of tuners? Mine suck.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
do you have any friends who have better guitars? if you are good friends with a guitar shop that is completely local ask if you can use a used guitar thats better...it worked with me
What kind of music do you play? Heavy Metal? If your tuning down to drop C and stuff, thick string gauges are a must.
Bogner Überschall
Marshall 1960A
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
Last edited by StiffPick at Oct 9, 2007,
I usually play Drop D. Anything from Hardcore to Alternative, and yes, metal too. I'm just.. Not exactly good enough to keep up with most metal, if you know what I mean. My picking sucks ass and I need to work on fretting strength, I half-ass half my notes despite reasonably low action.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
dude, get a small screwdriver and tighten the tuners. hope it works.
and buy new strings like 3 days before the show, as they might break or fall out of tune faster. and of course, new strings need like 3 days to get well hold.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Put some pencil graphite or some nut lube in your nut slots.

When was the last time you changed strings?

You might need new tuning machines; low end BC Rich guitars aren't really known for their quality components .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
+1 @ low end bc riches.

The sound isn't too bad, but, ****. The screw in the tuners are covered by a lil' f*ckin round cap with B.C.F*CKINRICH on it. Who woulda guessed.

As for new strings, last time would probably be.. Bout a month ago. I'll switch em out a week before the show, as I'm not necessarily the most experienced at stuff like that. Never been good with taking care of my crap.

I know for damn sure I need new tuners. I just dunno where I'd go about getting them. The internet is really a last resort option, I hate having to wait for sh!t to ship in. Plus I'd rather go into a store and pick it up even if it does have to ship. Guitarcenter, however, doesn't carry them. (surprise surprise.)
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Any local guitar stores?

Why the **** doesn't GC carry tuners .

Try lubing the nut.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by convictionless
did everyone ignore my idea?

I didn't... But I'm not the one with the problem, trust me if I had a ****ty guitar and I had a gig coming up, what you said would be the first thing that would come to mind.
Sorry, I didn't see your post.

Problem is I seriously doubt any of the guitar stores here would trust me with that. We have the summerville music center, which has, guess what! Crap. x__x

And of course, Guitar Center. To them, I'm just a walking wallet. If I'm broke, they don't want my kind.

Sadly, I don't have the cash to fix my tuning problem, which is why I'm here in the first place. So, that won't work, unfortunately.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.