i know this is a very noob question but i was just wondering is theres a special kind of wire used for when your wiring componets on pcbs???

if spo what wrie is it
thast a lot sorry for being anoying im learning and i wanna learn to make pedals look liek fun
Your not being annoying.

Yea, I use 22. Maybe a little higher if I'm doing small components. If you have a radioshack near you, they have everything you could ever want.

As for the kind, I use Hook-up wire, and that worked for me.
yeah well nah we got dick smiths thast got pretty much most eletronic stuff for eveything pretty much so yeah i was so suprised when i went in ther eim from australia you see no radioshak
i use 20 gauge for some stuff. in pedals, 22 gauge though. pedals need to be compact. in guitars, i don't want signal loss from thin wire, so i use 20 gauge. bit fatter with less resistance across the wire.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
cheers thanks got any good sites for schematic's, im looking for a big muff kind of sound not into fuzz face but ok if notthing else
big muff is okay, but not for beginners.

fuzz face would be nice i think. do u want a layout or a schematic? r u gonna be using veroboard? perf board? or r u gonna buy a PCB?

it might be costly, but for beginners, check out www.buildyourownclones.com
they sell nice kits.

and that's a fuzz face. nice and simple. there are some mods i'd do if i were u though.
http://smallbox.zeonhost.com/projects/fface/
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ummmm i dont know what the boards called its the one with millions of holes in it ????? anyway yeah i'll probly just make a fuzz yeah some schematics would be nice man thanks your helping a lot

i apricate it
u want a fuzz? there are lots of options. parts for a silicon fuzz would be easiest to acquire, but the wiring would be hard. i'd go with a Germanium Fuzz Face, and follow the diagram from the link i posted. u should be able to buy all the parts (theres a "downloadable parts list" link in that page) from www.smallbearelec.com and should be easy to find. if not, just go to ultimate pedal building thread, and ask there what to get for it. there are quite a few types of capacitors too.

where do u live though? if UK, i think they order from banzai or something. i forgot what its called.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
nah australi amate, im thinking of building from tone pad???? thats any good site or not
ah. tonepad is good. but they use PCBs. for australians, contacting the random hero would help. he's the pedal DIY boss here.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
lol yeah but meh your nice enough lol hahahahahaha so ,

im still a little confused abot putting all the stuff toegther ???
yeah i kinda get it but not really once you solder all the componts in do you haev to run wire conecting evey compoint to each other??

sorry im being a pain but your helping a bit
^helping a "bit"??? i think more!

well when you solder a component on a perfboard, you dont clip the excess lead, but you bend it to where you need to connect it to. then solder there. it's pretty easy.

on vero board (aka strip board), you don't really bend leads and stuff. u clip all, and when you need to, u put a jumper. thats it. i like veroboard cuz it's easy and neat.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ok its Experimenters Board is that bad????? or strip board im not completely sure but is that a bad thing
no dude its all good. they all work hahaha. for new people without a proper layout an experimenter's board (also called perfboard) would be good. just wire all the stuff together and bam u got an inside board of a pedal.

u gotta remember to order pots, knobs, LED, switch, jacks, battery clip, enclosure, stuff like that. it's a pretty costly hobby.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I recommend reading the technical articles on generalgutiargadgets.com, first and familiarize yourself with electronics. You don't seem to know much, and this build won't go well for you unless you actually try and learn what you're doing.

Also, take it easy on the punctuation, I think I understand your sentences without 4 question marks, yo.
yeah sorry abot that i was using a differnt computer.well yeah D|ck smith's has knobs led's and all that jazz so i'll probly have a lot there for most of it, i'll check thats site thanks forsaknazrael i know i dont know much but i really wanna learn learn because i think would be so much fun thanks for your help i've decided i will be doing this fuzz http://smallbox.zeonhost.com/projects/fface/ and im going to call it the Orange Fuzz lol cos im a ginger :P thanks. if theres anything else i migth need to knwo feel free to help me