Been playing on this crappy Marshall Mg 30 watt and im looking to buy a new amp

Looking at the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL but im not sure about the whole hybrid thing

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VTXL30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483004

And the Carvin Mts 3212 its all tube but I havent heard much about Carvin amps and dont know if it would be very reliable

https://ssl.perfora.net/carvin20.com/products/single.php?product=MTS3212

Would like a nice high gain combo preferrably tube. I enjoy playing mostly killswitch engage type stuff. My price range is around $1000 and im looking for around 30w-50w but I could do 100w and if you know of any effects that sound good, tell me of those too.
Last edited by yohomieryan11 at Nov 8, 2007,
Dont worry, XL isn't a hybrid. Its all tube. The AD30VT regular is hybrid, which is why its a little cheaper I believe. I tried one, it utterly kicked ass in my opinion.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Carvins are tough as hell, Steve Vai used them not sure about now, I used to have one, never had any problem with it and it probably had the cleanest clean sound for a SS amp, Definitely go for tubes.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by ericgentz
Dont worry, XL isn't a hybrid. Its all tube. The AD30VT regular is hybrid, which is why its a little cheaper I believe. I tried one, it utterly kicked ass in my opinion.

Nope, XL's are hybrid too.
Ben
Quote by 68_SG
Carvins are tough as hell, Steve Vai used them not sure about now, I used to have one, never had any problem with it and it probably had the cleanest clean sound for a SS amp, Definitely go for tubes.

Steve Vai has his own signature Carvin amp now, the Legacy.

The MTS is a great amp in its own right, and easily one of the best (if not the best) amps in its price point (700-800)

My only beef with the Carvin is the knobs, but don't let that stop you.

Carvin FTW.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by ericgentz

What ther **** you been smokin sunshine?

XL is hybrid to. Jusst maide for high gain etc.

damn boox.e
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112