And wanna' know if ya'll to help me out with any good albums to start with. Which album in his career , really defined his chaotic, technical sound?
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
I can tell you I personally love the Road Games album, but I don't know which of his albums could be the most important one.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
IOU, Road Games and Metal Fatigue.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by zwart_gitaar
And wanna' know if ya'll to help me out with any good albums to start with. Which album in his career , really defined his chaotic, technical sound?

If you're looking for some of his real "out there" stuff I would recommend Wardenclyffe Tower or Sand.

I.O.U, Road Games and Metal Fatigue are some of his more "conventional" jazz fusion albums.

I would also highly recommend his side project Bill Bruford, and his earlier works with The Soft Machine, Gong and Tony Williams' Lifetime.