Page 1 of 2
Alright so it's getting really close to snowboarding season and I can't ****ing wait. All I want right now is for the temperature to drop so all the mountains can start making snow and get the season going. Also I can't wait to try out my new boots. So talk about the best sport in the universe here.
i live in Arizona...

though i have been snowboarding a few times and its fun as hell.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
**** yes it is. too bad i live in texas, but for thanksgiving break me and a friend are flying up to colorado and goin to snowboard for a week.

the best part is we r goin with no parents since we r 18 and we have a good hook up so booze a weed after snowboarding

nothing like a jay and a beer in a hot tube after a long day on the slopes
Last year on the first snowboard trip i took, i broke my bindings and couldn't get replacements. So I'm deffinetly looking forward to this season, now that i have new bindings.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
I've only been twice, but its probably my favourite sport ever. My cousin is the Australian National Champion
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Haggard_Cky
**** yes it is. too bad i live in texas, but for thanksgiving break me and a friend are flying up to colorado and goin to snowboard for a week.

the best part is we r goin with no parents since we r 18 and we have a good hook up so booze a weed after snowboarding

nothing like a jay and a beer in a hot tube after a long day on the slopes

What is, paradise?
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672250

Theres a thread I made

I love snowboarding. Also check out my Canadian group, theres a snowboarding thread that you can discuss snowboarding.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by breadstick
I've only been twice, but its probably my favourite sport ever. My cousin is the Australian National Champion

That's awesome dude. You should get your cousin to teach you his skills.
I've never done it but I am this year and I cannot wait. Is it hard to learn? I'll be taking a short mandatory lesson at the park though.
the first time a went snowboarding it was the first time i have ever seen snow. and by the second day i was goin down blacks no problem.

but i also skateboarded for a couple of years so that helped.

also if u have skied then u should be able to pick it up pretty eay too
Quote by Dimebag22
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672250

Theres a thread I made

I love snowboarding. Also check out my Canadian group, theres a snowboarding thread that you can discuss snowboarding.

I've got the same bindings as you and all I can say is I love those things so much. Also to Doofag your butt will be sore the first couple days but after that you should pick it up no problem. Lessons help.
First time I snowboarded, I got caught in one of those fences they put on the edges of the slopes so you don't fall off into the woods or something.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Quote by StreetLight3989
That's awesome dude. You should get your cousin to teach you his skills.

Yeah that would be great except for the fact that He lives in Melbourne and I live in Brisbane, but hopefully someday I'll get him to teach me some skills. And he's not the National champion exaclty, he's the champ for under 16s or 17s or whatever divisions they use in snowboarding.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by StreetLight3989
I've got the same bindings as you and all I can say is I love those things so much. Also to Doofag your butt will be sore the first couple days but after that you should pick it up no problem. Lessons help.

Oh yeah bro. Those things are intense. Where do you usually board?
Quote by Drewcifer 000
First time I snowboarded, I got caught in one of those fences they put on the edges of the slopes so you don't fall off into the woods or something.

lol that almost happened to me too, only i fell on my ass right before it. there was a dip however and it took me 5 minutes of rolling on my ass to get out. My friends were laughing their asses off lol
Quote by Dimebag22
Oh yeah bro. Those things are intense. Where do you usually board?

I usually go to mountain creek or blue mountain. Nothing special but they're not terrible mountains. I do get to go up to Vermont twice a season and I might get up to Whistler this year.
I'm a snowboard instructor, I love it, but I'm not as passionate as I was with it back in teh day. Still a great fun sport
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I live probably two hours from Big Bear and 6 from Mammoth (in California of course) and I love going up there.

I'm getting better, I can do frontside spins and grind rails, but I haven't tried a grab move yet.
^You should try grabbing on your spins. It keeps you more compact and It's easier to land. It also looks cool.
I wanna try my new board! I got a used K2 board in good condition for $90! Great deal.
im pumped to go out on my burton again
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
damn, this thread makes me mad that my parents never were into that type of thing. a lot of my friends ski and snowboard, and i've always wanted to, but its always "it costs too much and it takes too much time" so i'm left to go nordic skiing through the woods and simulate downhill on some crappy hill, though going over partially frozen rivers and jumping floe to floe is quite fun.
the one sport I actually take part in... love it with a passion, my first year was last year and I had to rent, a little more then a week from now I'm gettin my board boots and bindings. probably won't get my pants or jacket till november but oh well, can't wait. only problem is getting up to the mountain, its like 20 dollars for a bus/lift ticket, so you get to go from like 8 or 9 to 5... but without the cost of renting this year I'll be able to go up a lot more.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
i'm the best snowboarder on ug i hope, or up there in like the top 3 chyeah!!!! i'm not much of a big air competition, but i do jibs i find in the city. I really dig double down kinks, although 70% of the time i end up hurting myself trying them.

I'm planning on doing the this competition at woodward this year which will probably move me from an ameature to a really almost pro.

And CAPiTAS ARE THE BOMB, SO ARE ROME AND JEENYUS BOARDS, IF YOU PLAN ON GETTING ANY SNOWBOARD, GET THOSE BRANDS. JEENYUS'S ESPECIALLY FOR JIBS!!
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
i'm the best snowboarder on ug i hope, or up there in like the top 3 chyeah!!!! i'm not much of a big air competition, but i do jibs i find in the city. I really dig double down kinks, although 70% of the time i end up hurting myself trying them.

I'm planning on doing the this competition at woodward this year which will probably move me from an ameature to a really almost pro.

And CAPiTAS ARE THE BOMB, SO ARE ROME AND JEENYUS BOARDS, IF YOU PLAN ON GETTING ANY SNOWBOARD, GET THOSE BRANDS. JEENYUS'S ESPECIALLY FOR JIBS!!

Just putting it out there, but Jeenyus is dead. Big Brother pulled the plug.
In fact, I'm surprised how little you know of boards, seeing as how you think you're a "really almost pro".
Quote by tylerishot
Just putting it out there, but Jeenyus is dead. Big Brother pulled the plug.
In fact, I'm surprised how little you know of boards, seeing as how you think you're a "really almost pro".

yeah, i don't know much about my boards, i'll admit. but everyone at my school are have a ski club program cas snowboarding's huge here and everyone says im the best in high school although i'm a 10th grader. I wouldn't have been if this one kid failed. He graduated last year and is pretty popular throughout my local ski resort.
Any videos? I'd be stoked to see it.

I think I might be pulling a film together this year, but I'm not sure.
I'm reviving my thread because I just went to Big Boulder last Sunday. It was a blast!! Only one trail was open and it was slow, but for pre season park riding it was awesome.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
I'm reviving my thread because I just went to Big Boulder last Sunday. It was a blast!! Only one trail was open and it was slow, but for pre season park riding it was awesome.

I'm going up to Sunshine tomorrow! I'm so excited! They have like 60 or so runs open so it should be good. They also have like 6/10 chairs open.
good to see this thread back again. Snowboarding is great and as an update, i made a sponsor me video when i went to quebec last week and capita's still pending on sponsoring me. I'm stoked to find out, but till then, snowboarding pwns.
Whistler's open!!! Now I need Baker to open. They're predicting an open early next week. Hopefully I'll be boarding by next weekend.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Alright so it's getting really close to snowboarding season and I can't ****ing wait. All I want right now is for the temperature to drop so all the mountains can start making snow and get the season going. Also I can't wait to try out my new boots. So talk about the best sport in the universe here.

I used to skateboard/snowboard. Now I am too lazy to do anything that involves excessive body movement or breaking a sweat. Nice though .

Best sport in the universe? I concur. I like Midget Wrestling or any Midget sport for that matter.
Page 1 of 2