I'm pretty sure this is the right forum for this so don't yell at me if i'm wrong.

How do you purposely create feedback with the guitar? I really like the sound but i'm really sure how i can do it or what causes it?

Thanks
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
thats it?
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Try using a lot of distortion and a compressor or something. holding a guitar close to the speakers helps. Also taking your hands off the strings and just letting vibrate freely does a great deal to help.
He means controlled feedback, doesn't he? The stuff Hendrix and Townshend experiemented with, right?
Buy a FAB metal Pedal. Put treble/tone or whatever it has on there to full, and distortion to full. Turn level to your liking. Then, simply kick it on and hump your speakers with the guitar. Viola, feedback.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
If you're on stage, there will be sweet spots. Do check them out during sound check. Otherwise, just crank your amp and sit/stand close to it. Pointing your guitar at your amp helps, too. Sitting point blank facing your amp and placing your pickups towards your cranked amp = massive earth-shattering feedback. It'll make you piss blood.

Quote by The_Nightwish
This new to me.I think he is trying to say distrotion?

Controlled feedback: it sounds like a long sustained note. You can vibrato it for the sex. Otherwise it can be annoying
yea cranked amp and stand close, sustain the note and there we go.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard