Page 1 of 3
the other day at church during the sermon, my priest started talkinig about how bad the youth of america are. he said just the other day he had seen a kid with a shirt with a cross with a red slash through it and it said BAD RELIGION on it. he said he was appaued that there was a company that made those shirts and he planned to write a letter. at this point im laughing my ass off. everyone is staring at me becuz theyre all wangstas who dont listen to rock. i just had to share the fact that bad religion will be getting a letter from my preist.
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin
wangstas in church?
pics?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
kay.
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
Quote by Miggy01
wangstas in church?
pics?

picture haley joel osment but thinkin hes black
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin
at my grandmothers funeral, the preist preached about how if i didn't accept christ i'd never see her again and how it was important that i become baptized because thats what she would have wanted...

NOW THAT IS F*CKING STUPID!

Using my grandmothers death to initiate me in his fu*ked up religion... Screw that.

I believe in god, i just don't believe in any of these damn religions...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Religious people are so intolerant. (Not the TS, the priest). Why couldn't he just get over the fact that a shirt exists that he doesn't like?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Religion sucks. Beat the priest up.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by Schnitzel_Man
Religion sucks. Beat the priest up.

If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
Quote by x_thurston_x
at my grandmothers funeral, the preist preached about how if i didn't accept christ i'd never see her again and how it was important that i become baptized because thats what she would have wanted...

NOW THAT IS F*CKING STUPID!

Using my grandmothers death to initiate me in his fu*ked up religion... Screw that.

I believe in god, i just don't believe in any of these damn religions...

+2,000,001.3 the last line anyway
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin
You people are so ****ing closed minded. You don't get it- he believes that people who don't believe in his God are damned to eternal suffering. Oh, the nerve of them, trying to do what they believe is right! Those bigots!
Next sunday show up in a Deicide shirt. Better yet find an old Cradle of Filth shirt, like the one that says "Jesus Is A Cunt"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Next sunday show up in a Deicide shirt. Better yet find an old Cradle of Filth shirt, like the one that says "Jesus Is A Cunt"

I own that shirt.
hmmm, i feel like the priest misinterpreted the shirt, confusing bad religion, the band, with someone actually wearing a shirt that was criticizing the religion. if i saw someone wearing a shirt that was actually criticizing my religion i would be extremely pissed off. he was venting in the best way he could. don't know why you are being so hard on the guy
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
I am Christian, but I hate extremest Christians the think everybody in the world should believe just like them and they get all bent out of shape over small differences. And I hate when they think that everyone in the world HAS to be Christian. But I hate Atheists who will go on and on forever about their believes too.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by Aqua Dementia

DUDE.YOU.WON.THE

/THREAD
Quote by fallingforever
hmmm, i feel like the priest misinterpreted the shirt, confusing bad religion, the band, with someone actually wearing a shirt that was criticizing the religion. if i saw someone wearing a shirt that was actually criticizing my religion i would be extremely pissed off. he was venting in the best way he could. don't know why you are being so hard on the guy

Very much so. It is human nature to be offended by people who make fun of your views, and seeing as he likely had never heard of the band, he probably thought the kid was some mocker.
Quote by Masonpwiley
I am Christian, but I hate extremest Christians the think everybody in the world should believe just like them and they get all bent out of shape over small differences. And I hate when they think that everyone in the world HAS to be Christian.

Yeah, because it's not like they believe all unbelievers are damned to hell or anything...
Meh...

I still by my thinking of this.

If someone is REALLY confident in what they believe in, it shouldn't matter what other people say or do.

But noooo, people get all uppidy when a person happens to think something different than they do.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
You shouldn't get pissed because of someone that believes that 77% of the world is going to hell no matter what they did in their life, unless they convert to Christianity...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Dude, just go find a Bad Religion shirt, and wear it to church! Be in the front row so he can see ya. Then, when he calls you out on it, bitch about how he's retarded cuz he has no idea what he's talking about. And if somehow he manages to stump ya, breakdown and cry right there on the podium and scream that he touched your pecker.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
On one hand, the priest migt've overreacted to a shirt. Yeah, it could be easily confused with something that was really anti-religion, but it also could've been much worse. And when you compare all the other **** that religious extremists do, sending a letter isn't that bad.

On the other hand, CowboyUp is being a ****tard. Yes, there are christian extremists out there that do some terrible crap, but antagonizing the average christian for just believing that their god is right? You ignorant, intolerant bastard. You're no better than they are, because you're trying to force athiesim on the world.
Quote by Fyre Deity
scream that he touched your pecker.

did i mention he talks like cartman on southpark and is the gayest looking man ive ever seen in my life
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin
Quote by CowboyUp
I own that shirt.

No way! That's awesome, I wish I had one.

Quote by The_Nightwish
DUDE.YOU.WON.THE

/THREAD

Thank you.
Quote by leftyrockr
On the other hand, CowboyUp is being a ****tard. Yes, there are christian extremists out there that do some terrible crap, but antagonizing the average christian for just believing that their god is right? You ignorant, intolerant bastard. You're no better than they are, because you're trying to force athiesim on the world.

i think he was being sarcastic

anyway i just ignore people that are like that
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by urik
You shouldn't get pissed because of someone that believes that 77% of the world is going to hell no matter what they did in their life, unless they convert to Christianity...

Actually my priest recently stated that non-Christians can enter heaven as well; it's just a harder journey than it is for Christian's.

This is coming from a Catholic Church, too...so maybe you have some misconceptions about us. There' snothing wronng with a priest being offended by something that says "Bad Religion". He may not have understood the context of the shirt, but what was the context of the band being named as it was?

If someone were to say "lawlz, athiests r teh gayz lol!" athiests would probably be just as offended (if not more so) than theists. Everyone is human.
Quote by leftyrockr

Aww did he hurt you feelings?
People who criticise others for their belief are as bad as others who criticise people for their disbelief.

Unfortunately people insist on doing both.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Iowahardcore
thats sooo deep TheCD

Thank you. I appreciate your sincerity.
Quote by TheCD
Actually my priest recently stated that non-Christians can enter heaven as well; it's just a harder journey than it is for Christian's.

This is coming from a Catholic Church, too...so maybe you have some misconceptions about us. There' snothing wronng with a priest being offended by something that says "Bad Religion". He may not have understood the context of the shirt, but what was the context of the band being named as it was?

If someone were to say "lawlz, athiests r teh gayz lol!" athiests would probably be just as offended (if not more so) than theists. Everyone is human.

I was talking about the "lowahardcore" priest. I wasn't generalizing.
And the shirt just said "Bad Religion". Not something against Christianity.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by leftyrockr
1. See The Nightwish's post

2.It's called a fact. He's being retarded.

3. See step 1

have a nice day!

4. ???

5. PROFIT!!!
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by CowboyUp
You people are so ****ing closed minded. You don't get it- he believes that people who don't believe in his God are damned to eternal suffering. Oh, the nerve of them, trying to do what they believe is right! Those bigots!

You're ****ing stupid.

I dont even feel the need to justify that.

Christianity, wow, I wish everything was really as easy as "God please do this for me" and then .. bam, it's done, but it's not.

I guess it is easier to have one book to answer all of lifes questions for you than it is to think for yourself.

Oh well, people are fools, it sucks though, that these people will never realize how they wasted their lives by devoting it to some fairy tale from the sky.
I would have been laughing, myself. Not because the priest is critical of Bad Religion, but because the priest is confused and the situation is absurd. That's all there is here. This didn't need to degenerate into a debate that belongs in the religion thread.

That said, the pastor (whom I usually respect a lot) at my parents' (Lutheran) church once went on about how Christopher Columbus was on a mission from God. It was a business venture, Sir. Then, when they came back, they enslaved and exterminated. Sound Christian to you?

Oh wait....

Anyway, my point is that preacherguys fuck up all the time. It's in their nature as humans. But that situation was pretty hilarious.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 3