I got my iMac last thursday. And the reason I got it was not only that I needed a new computer, I have some money, and I dont like windows, but I want to record my bands music myself.

You probally saw some threads about me and this a while ago. anyways....

I figured out how i'm gonna record guitars/bass, I have an idea on vocals, but for drums........I can either use 2 dynamic mics, an sm57 and an sm58, or my 1 recording mic to record drums. I dont have a drum recording kit or anything. Which should I do?

And as far as recording goes, before we did it on my digitech 8 track thing. And that came out pretty good quality. But i'm concerned about how we should go about recording it. If we do a basic try and base off that, it will be off rhthymically probally in parts. If my drummer could play through the songs without having to hear me play guitar and/or sing, we'd do that, but he cant. So I was thinking I just lay down the guitar/vocals in a one take thing, no quality checks, just enough for the drummer to know when to do what. Then turn off my scrap tracks. And bam drum recording, in time. Is that a good idea? Or is there a better one?

We wanna start recording beginning to middle November, and record a legit sounding EP to sell. We have 8 songs, and we'll narrow it down to 5.

Oh yeah, the program i'm using is GarageBand, I know....not the best program, but its good enough for now, eventually i'll upgrade to logic express. GarageBand I actually think is damn good for a free program that comes on Macs.

Thanks
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!