so i jsut got my peavy windsor back from the shop. so i got this new cab with it too, an ampeg v412, its old as **** from what i see and for some reason...its buzzing wtf! i got a tube specifically cuz i hate that ****. is it the amp or the cab?one of the cabs jacks is broken, it has 2 jacks. so iono any feedback towards my problem? its really pissingggg me offfff! haha
Tube amps can buzz just like any other amp. Make sure it's not a problem with your guitar (faulty wiring/bad grounding) or your cables.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
seriously? o, well the cab i thinik has a problem. any1 know anything about ampeg cabs? 4x12
Check for a ground switch on the back of your amp

Try a few different outlets in your home

Then try different cables and not using stompboxes

The problem with tube amps is that they are never completely silent unless you have a noise reducer running through the effects loop. They hum, while solid state amps with built in noise gates and such won't have any hum when you're not playing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Check for a ground switch on the back of your amp

Try a few different outlets in your home

Then try different cables and not using stompboxes

The problem with tube amps is that they are never completely silent unless you have a noise reducer running through the effects loop. They hum, while solid state amps with built in noise gates and such won't have any hum when you're not playing.

Well, it's not like all SS amps have noise gates...

What kind of guitar do you have?

EDIT: BTW, don't bump after like 15 minutes....
epiphone sg special. although its crap it doesnt buzz on other amps ive played on with it
oh okay, well im trying to get a pretty metal sound out of it. hardcore stuff. bands like black dahlia murder, as blood runs black, etc
o okay, well another question...i cant get that sound i want though, that metal gain ***** sound. arent peaveys supposed to be roaring with gain?
just in case it is something with your cab, give a quick check that all the screws are tight that hold the speakers in, and also make sure the back panel is secure. I've seen little loose parts drive people crazy, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids