ok here goes my last post.
ive been in and out of the forums for a little while now and all i see is you posers bashing people for honest questions. and also bashing people for the gear that they have. sorry all of our lives dont revolve around the ultimate guitar forums. my bad my guitars arent the only thing i save my money for. most of us who dont have a friggn MARSHALL ultra plexi jcm jvm or what have you that cost you 2 years rent or a damn gibson les paul that will cook you breakfast as well as play itself the rest of us try and get honest gear for what we do. i have been playing for 13 years now and yes i am damn good but moslty you people need to realize is good playing comes from good musicans not top of the friggin notch gear. yes if you read my sig i do have a spyder so what suck it i like it i do have a prs se its a good guitar i also have a washburn and yes its a damn good guitar, i now have a "gasP wheeze EPIPHONE explorer and ya know what for the money its a beast. so to all of you i dont care what you say. "oh this guy must suck oh he dosnt know what he is talkn about....glad he is gone....blah blah blah....here is a nice big

**** you
Epiphone les paul
Ibanez bass
Hohner classical

AMPS
Line 6 hd 75 head
Marshal 4x12
Crate 120w combo

light the match.....start the fire
ok....
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
lolwut
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
its the internet, not an open letter to the president.... dude i agree alot with u...alot of the people on here are snobs...there are alot of cool guys tho....but alot of stuck up pieces of shi tt who are mediocre at life and jerk in there mouths alot.
This reminds me vaguely of my rants in my blog with the exception its grammatically incorrect.
If you're that good, why even bother?

I think you are seriously annoyed at your own playing
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
you know.. you could have a nice gibson if you didn't waste money on cheap guitars

I like epiphone and prs

I hate spiders but for the money it is okay
+1,000,000.39
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
id rather have 3 cheap guitars than one expensive guitar

thats just me maybe

ive got a cheap (well not cheap, 700 bucks for an ibanez gio, i got ripped off) ibanez, and a nice dean.. ill probably get a seven string and a fixer upper guitar.. that will keep me happy for a long time

id never diss cheap gear cuz good gears expensive.. and for much cheaper you can get something that gets the job done just as well
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
(Making an observation) Why is it that the people who go on these rants always have metallica avatars? Nothing against Metallica, it just kind of occured to me.

To threadstarter: If you actually take a minute and stop taking this internet hate machine so seriously, you might get some insight. Its really easy to get offended by alot of things, so why would you let something like an internet forum you do not appear to be very happy with get you all in a knot about your own gear. If you like your gear, then congradulations!!! But UG has seen it`s fair share of "oh man, I just really hate my Line 6 Spyder/Marshall MG/Fender Frontman" threads, and have become desensitized to rationally approaching them.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
quit complaining, there aren't that many snobs, and even if there are too many snobs you shouldn't be taking anyone seriously because this is a forum. upon posting in a forum, you are subject to relentless ridicule from people you don't know, which isn't so bad anyway.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
mm but you do have a point, and i am seriously annoyed by people who go homgwtfbbq you have "that" guitar when they have never tried "that" guitar.

unfortunately there is also a very good case against you, and i think it would be better to randomly hate on a piece of gear someones intending to get, if you've seen hundreds of "homg i hate my *insert hated on piece of gear here* because it sounds terrible and that cost x amount of money"

though randomly hating something that a person already has, is stupid, if someone was going to buy a jem and only had a line 6 spider, i have a strong feeling that its the duty of people here to tell the person that they wont get any difference out of the jem compared to a guitar made out of a toilet seat if they use their amp, and that it would be a much more effective to upgrade amp instead.

and the huge snobs usually get flamed anyways.
i have a 'white guitar'
you've been playing 13 years........and you spell and use grammar like a 13 year old.

I think we can all do the math.

ALSO: I dont seem to notice any bashing?
so have you never been on a forum or somethin dude? I mean, this happens all the time. Hey, register with PbNation, go to the Small Talk Forums and put a thread about anything. See what happens.
Quit whining - if somebody askes you "Shall I buy this piece of crap for $200" when you know there's a far superior piece of kit available for the same price what are you going to do? Tell them to buy the piece of crap? Of course not, you'd use your 13 years of experience to help them.

Nobody's telling people they need a Plexi or a pissing Framus Cobra, however I WILL tell someone if they're chasing those kind of tones with unrealistic equipment that it can't be done. There's no point throwing pedal after pedal at a **** amp because it won't make it sound how you want, far better to save your money and put it towards an amp that'll get you closer. If you can't afford a Mesa then fine, go for a B52, not the same but a damnsight closer than trying to get a Mesa tone by throwing pedals at a cheap SS crate.

It's not about snobbery, it's about helping people get the most for their money, many of whom are kids without a regular stream of income and so are relying on birthday and christmas money or cash from odd jobs. It's also about helping people to not get suckered by companies who spend more money on their marketing than they do on making their products sound good, like Line 6...oh...wait...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 10, 2007,
Quote by steven seagull
Quit whining - if somebody askes you "Shall I buy this piece of crap for $200" when you know there's a far superior piece of kit available for the same price what are you going to do? Tell them to buy the piece of crap? Of course not, you'd use your 13 years of experience to help them.

Nobody's telling people they need a Plexi or a pissing Framus Cobra, however I WILL tell someone if they're chasing those kind of tones with unrealistic equipment that it can't be done. There's no point throwing pedal after pedal at a **** amp because it won't make it sound how you want, far better to save your money and put it towards an amp that'll get you closer. If you can't afford a Mesa then fine, go for a B52, not the same but a damnsight closer than trying to get a Mesa tone by throwing pedals at a cheap SS crate.

It's not about snobbery, it's about helping people get the most for their money, many of whom are kids without a regular stream of income and so are relying on birthday and christmas money or cash from odd jobs. It's also about helping people to not get suckered by companies who spend more money on their marketing than they do on making their products sound good, like Line 6...oh...wait...

well done Mark
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Its just a sign of our times. Many want to be the mayor of turd town. We all know one or more of the person who always knows all and is never wrong. All flash and no substance. I know a guy who as long as hes the best guitarist in the room all is sweet, but goes home to sulk when somebody better shows up. He has a nice big 5150 amp with no tubes in it. And a scooter that doesnt run so always needs a ride. He is absolutly no fun to play with you cant just jam with the guy. Its always about showing off. I learned a long time ago in the marines there is always somebody who is better at something than you. Being cool is subjective. I know I see the guys on here bashing this or that. You can tell the people who actually know what they are talking about from those who just like to hear themselves talk. Unfortunatly the BS artists are usually louder. I see the guys saying oh you gotta have the EMGs or you suck. Or those guitars are never any good. But just as being cool is subjective so is music. Be awful boring if everybody played a gibson with EMGs thru a marshal stack. I dont know everything but if I see something I might be able to help with Ill try. And seagull is right some of us have other things in the world to spend money on than a never ending stream of new products that will gather dust on a shelf in six months. Things that wont really make us better players. Ive never found a magic box that fixes all things. If there was I wouldnt buy one. I dont do it to impress people I do it because I enjoy it. But you know there are many who want the glory with none of the effort. Its just the way people are. Ive learned its just easier to ignore people or hit em in the head with a shovel.
ok, no problem. by the way, this is probably one of the most friendly guitar forums you'll find.
(except for maybe the john denver acoustic love song forum for the castrated.)

if you have any gear questions feel free to PM anyone in the "who to" lists.
all great guys dying to help.

otherwise.

*REPORTED for obvious reasons.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011