k guys..the highway one HSS and the MIM fat strat HSS ...which one?

i really think getting the highway one HSS is a better choice ...does anyone say otherwise? the highway one hss is more expensive than the MIM...about 200 SGD more...*about 100 US*,and i've yet to try it...gonna try it out soon...oppisnions? i play rock..like funk rock..and so on..bands like RHCP,green day...blink 182...
Most people, especially on this forum, would agree that the highway one is not worth it and the MIM fat strat is a better choice...myself included.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Both are nice - the MIA H1 has thin nitro finish, Greasebucket tone circuit which rolls off the highs without adding bass, 22 jumbo frets while the MIM Standard has the poly finish and 21 medium jumbo frets. Even though both have the C neck, the H1 felt a little different, which I preferred.

Is it worth the price difference? That'll be purely personal and some find the little extras worth it. Personally, I think the MIJ and CIJ Strats are the best Bang for the $$$.

I just picked up a used mexican HSS and LOVE it. I am going to upgrade the pickups in it, but I don't think I've ever owned a guitar yet where I haven't upgraded the pickups.

I think some hot noiseless in the neck middle positions with a nice SD humbucker is the route I'm headed.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
Quote by *kas
Most people, especially on this forum, would agree that the highway one is not worth it and the MIM fat strat is a better choice...myself included.

well,i just watched a video on fender.com and it doesn't seem like a bad guitar at all...but don't compare prices...compare the tone quality and the electronics of the guitar...the video said that for the MIA H1,all the money was invested into the sound and electronics and stuff like that....and not much was put into looks...but i don't know...i really like the sound...but of course i have not heard the MIM yet...But please compare only the sounds and NOT the looks,
i can't say about the hss models, but two of my very close friends have, respectively, a highway one sss strat and a mexican deluxe player's sss strat. for me, tonally and looks-wise, the deluxe player won. hands down.
hm..yeah...i guess i WILL use the money i save fer the new pickups...but how much will the good pick ups cost?
depends on what pickups you want, and that'll depend on what sound you want. as i always advise, don't buy a product if you're already looking to do some big upgrades. if you're looking into an amp and a distortion pedal to get a heavier sound, look into a heavier amp. same with guitars. if you're looking at improving it, before even holding it in your hands, perhaps you should think about saving a bit longer and getting something better. since you obviously haven't tried either guitar out yet, see if you can't do so, or perhaps look at some other guitars, also. if you absolutely can't and are just going to be buying blind, play it a while first and see if you don't already like the way it sounds. if you don't like the tone, well then at least you'll know how your guitar sounds through your amp, and be able to judge how you want that tone to change.
Quote by 03SVTCobra
I just picked up a used mexican HSS and LOVE it. I am going to upgrade the pickups in it, but I don't think I've ever owned a guitar yet where I haven't upgraded the pickups.

I think some hot noiseless in the neck middle positions with a nice SD humbucker is the route I'm headed.

good choice
got some '62 vintage in mine, sounds awesome
Guitars:

Fender Mexican HSS Strat (Sunburst, Maple Neck)
- /w custom handwound John Mayer pickups - thx cord!

Amp:
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 Combo (practice amp)
Fender '73 Twin Reverb (main amp)

boss bd-2 (keeley modded)
The MIM is beautiful. I dream of owning a guitar like that. I hate being left-handed!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid