I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a metal song that had sweeps in it but the song itself ISNT that difficult. I just made a practice regimen and basically every technique possible is covered in the songs I am working on besides sweep picking. So basically are there any songs by like Metallica, Trivium, Pantera, COB, A7X, ozzy, that have sweeps where the rhythm itself isnt deadly difficult?

Currently im working on, Bark at the moon, crazy train(basically got the whole thing), cowboys from hell, beast and the harlot, rain-by trivium, and a couple others. So something around that difficulty... no jason becker please
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
tornado of souls solo by megadeth? its got some sweeps in it and the rythym is pretty easy
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
the intro to Alaska by Between the Buried and Me is some "moderate" sweeping, and the rythm id say wouldnt be that hard if your learning bark at the moon etc.
thanks dudes. yeah BATM aim too bad, except the end of the first solo is basically murder.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Quote by Sirwinston89
tornado of souls solo by megadeth? its got some sweeps in it and the rythym is pretty easy

Man I just listened to the solo on that song and wow.. theres no way ill be doing that anytime soon. That solo itselfs a little too hard.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
Practice some generic sweep patterns (minor triads, major triads, diminished, etc.) with a metronome, work your way up, and then attempt some solos that include sweeping. Speed Metal Symphony for instance, has a lot of basic sweep shapes, but they're played really fast. You should look up the tab for that and practice those sweeps slowly and gradually build up speed.
You should try practicing your sweeps with chord progressions. So to start off with you can take a 1-4-5 chor progression, and work out the chords (if you're in C major then you play Cmaj-Fmaj-Gmaj. You should do this using all shaped. Use the shape based on open C, the one based on open A and then the one based on open E. Once you get used to this, then try different chor progressions, adding in the minor sweep shapes and whatnot.

And as beadhangingOne said Use a metronome... Try playing them straight and in Triplets.
eagleheart by stratovarius. its not too quick either, give it a whirl
ha eagleheart.. man every time i listen to that song it makes me smile and laugh, its like the happiest song in the world. I had no idea sweeps were in that song. But thanks for all the advice everyone.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
Seize The Day by Avenged Sevenfold seems to be what you're looking for. The song isn't that hard and has some sweeping near the end.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012