Page 1 of 2
Where do you guys see metal evolving to in the next few years? With more technical playing came the tech death bands, but what is after that? Will metal be reduced to fusing with terrible ideas such as ska like some think would be great? I just don't have any idea where metal is headed, well true non-sellout metal.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
It could go anywhere really... with the popularity of Myspace and other music sites like that it's just gonna all gonna depend on buzz and promotion.

I will predict that in the next year Deathcore and TDM will overthrow Metalcore and Groove Metal in popularity and will become a regular part of mainstream metal.

EDIT: Gay, the one time I give a serious response in a thread you guys have to fvck it all up with your lame ass jokes.

So let me change my prediction to:

I TINK IN DA NEXT FUW YEERZ ALL METUL BNDS WILLL GO 2 11....!!! LOL!!!!!!11!1
Last edited by Budd_Dwyer at Oct 10, 2007,
well if it comes to all your true metal bands. then by that definition the second a new style of metal comes out and your "true" metal bands adapt to it you will call them sellouts and hate them then its on to something else not accepted by society.

anyway i dont think death or grindcore is goin to take over anything. hardly anyone can stomache that. i honestly cant see how its still around but thats my own opinion.

it seems thrash is on the rise again anyway.
weeellllllll dimmu borgir and cradle of filth will get worse and worse
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Trivium releasing a country/blues inspired hard rock album?
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by Mongochromat
Trivium releasing a country/blues inspired hard rock album?

Ain't pullin' on the strings of my bitch?
Trivium will release a hard rock album ala Load and Reload.

Yep, expect a country ballad from Trivium.
you know, i could actually see the Trivium Load/Reload thing, haha. but i agree with acidhammerdrums, i think the neothrash is on the rise with some really good bands like Municipal Waste. i just got their newest cd and it kicked my ass.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Can't we just call it Thrash and be done with it? Bah.

Anyhow, I have no idea where Metal is going, and I like it that way. In my ideal world though, Doom makes a rise to the main stream, and we are left with no other form of music!

Yes.
Quote by Eladamri
Can't we just call it Thrash and be done with it? Bah.

Anyhow, I have no idea where Metal is going, and I like it that way. In my ideal world though, Doom makes a rise to the main stream, and we are left with no other form of music!

Yes.

DOOM!!! OVER THE WORLD! ETERNAL WILL BE OUR MISSION!

I don't really know where metal is evolving, probably getting more technical and technical (and boring)
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

i predict a switch in mainstream music and underground..

everyone will be listenning to br00tal Mehtal on the radio!!! and all the grandma's will be headbanging!!

and all that other **** which people like currently ( im unaware of because of its intense homosexuality) will become underground...all your children will be into it.
More bands that sound like unexpecT, only less coherent, and with at least 4 extra band members.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by yawn
I see lots of cowbell solos.

I like the way you're thinking.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Hard to say. I just hope all these generic brutal death metal and technical death metal bands die out. I wonder where metal will go, but innovations are supposed to surprise us and sound new, so who knows.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
We'll get a million more generic bands that are doing something cool, but doing the exact same cool thing that a hundred bands have done before, and a handful of innovative original bands who will be either huge (within the metal scene), or stay really underground.

I'm adding a cowbell solo to a song I'm writing BTW
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Drummers will also replace the drum stool with a snare drum and blastbeat by farting on it.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Pinkcore.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Dragonforce are more of a devolution.

Not really, a lot of people who start off listening to Dragonforce discover a lot of other metal bands as a result, blind guardian? Racer-X? Symphony-X? Some joe satriani, maybe some paul gilbert? Buckethead maybe?

If there's any sort of band that is a de-evolution to metal, it's some nu-metal band. I don't understand why it's so cool to hate Dragonforce.

</3
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Fingers crossed for

Technical death/doom metal with keyboards....and violins, cello, choir.....OMG

A METAL ORCHAESTRA! LIKE A PROPER ONE! Not just some pansy one off thing, a proper orchaestra touring band with death/doom metal. OH **** YES!
olololololololol

Seriously, predicting what will happen in/to Metal is like predicting what will happen with Technology... You can have an educated guess, but you won't know till it happens, then heaps of people will go "I told you so!" and some people will go "I only listen to old school-Metal, like from the 00's, the new stuff is teh ghey". There will also be a new poser/trend/mainstream-esque bunch of bands for all the non-Hessians to feast upon (will be queer, as you'd expect).

/ end attempt at actually writing stuff, new answer:

FLUTES...
Quote by SamTotman
Not really, a lot of people who start off listening to Dragonforce discover a lot of other metal bands as a result, blind guardian? Racer-X? Symphony-X? Some joe satriani, maybe some paul gilbert? Buckethead maybe?

If there's any sort of band that is a de-evolution to metal, it's some nu-metal band. I don't understand why it's so cool to hate Dragonforce.

</3

I was referring more to the idea that they don't bring anything new to the genre, so the original claim that they are as evolved as Metal can get is rather redundant. I do agree that they are a fantastic gateway band, however.

I don't hate them I just don't listen to them in my own time. If, however, you put them on at Lunch time or whatever I can easily get into it.

As for the OP's question, I remember seeing a Death metal documentary from 1993 in which the host questioned a well-known producer (can't remember his name) on the future of Metal. He jokingly claimed that bands would start mixing accordians with Metal.

Then Folk metal came along...

I think that with the ever-increasing amount of Tech and Progressive bands Metal in general will become more complex, to the point where bands that are considered complex today are the norm.
Prog. metal might become normal metal. After all, when the progression is done, what does prog become? I can only hope that jazz time signatures and acoustic passages become more mainstream.
Dickless.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
I was referring more to the idea that they don't bring anything new to the genre, so the original claim that they are as evolved as Metal can get is rather redundant.

Give me one EXTREME POWER METAL BAND WITH PAC-MAN NOISES AND ELEPHANT NOISES
Gear

It's all I need.

Quote by SamTotman
Give me one EXTREME POWER METAL BAND WITH PAC-MAN NOISES AND ELEPHANT NOISES

That's not all that special. unexpecT, Carnival in Coal, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Arcturus, Strapping Young Lad, Mnemic, Meshuggah, Horse The Band, Psyopus, Ministry, and Gorguts all incorporate odd sounds in their music, which are more obscure and more frequent than Dragonforce.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Doom metal becoming fast ?
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by dead-fish
That's not all that special. unexpecT, Carnival in Coal, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Arcturus, Strapping Young Lad, Mnemic, Meshuggah, Horse The Band, Psyopus, Ministry, and Gorguts all incorporate odd sounds in their music, which are more obscure and more frequent than Dragonforce.

I never said it was, I was being sarcastic with him, but kudos for taking the time to research it.
Gear

It's all I need.

I see hairmetal making a comeback... Metal in the 80's was as evolved as it gets... and to the guy who said how's it get morve evolved then Dragonforce well tell me what they did different then any other 80's shredder and I'll say your right... Metal is just going to start recycling itself over till it dies off for good...
We'll get a new form of metal that makes even the most br00tal death metal band you can think of sound like easy listening

seriously though, I anticipate Power Metal finally getting some real recognition in the US.
So I've had a vision. Metal with one guitarist doing sweeps and tapping in first position, a lead bass player, jazz drummer doing blasts, a trumpet player and completely free form. I think that would be a great evolution in metal.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
I just don't have any idea where metal is headed, well true non-sellout metal.

Lol shhhh.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by yawn
I see lots of cowbell solos.

...........................are you thinking what im thinking
I think it'll get simpler over time. Bands like Necrophagist will always be there to push the boundaries of technical sounding metal, but I see more post-whatever metal, and experimental and folk and avante-garde forcing its way through.

Quote by Dyer's Eve
Drummers will also replace the drum stool with a snare drum and blastbeat by farting on it.

Me and my friend were JUST discussing the exact same thing today, wow. This twat from morning class was attempting to air drum to the backstreet boys version of O Canada which we have (pathetic), and then he uses the crash position as a snare, which made me think what would happen if instead of cymbals, everything around mid point and higher would be full of snares, you'd be sitting on a hi hat farting on it, and then using your face to have a little seizure on the double bass.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Oct 10, 2007,
Page 1 of 2