Alright, so I want to complete my pedal board now that I've gotten a new amp and there's money to spend on other stuff.

Currently I only really use my ISP Decimator straight into my amp, but I also have a Dime Wah, Boss DD-3 and Boss CS-3.

What I'm looking at getting is:

Planet Waves Pedal Tuner (is there anything else anyone would recommend over this?)

MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ or M-108 10 Band EQ (again, any other recommendations?)

and

Either a Maxon OD-9 or Fulldrive OCD (still not sure on the OCD as the only way I'd be able to try it is by ordering one and then if I don't like it, I'd have to take the loss on the shipping and ship it back for a refund).

Are there any other suggestions you guys would add? I play mostly metal but like to jam out to some Pink Floyd type physchodelic stuff now and then.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 10, 2007,
id go for the a BOSS chromatic tuner if you want to go pedals, it can power both your boss pedals using it. Or, the most ideal thing is to get a Korg rack tuner.

as for hte OD pedals, you should find some way to try them out, both IMO are sweet pedals, but you realy have to understand what you are going for, and play around with them.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I was considering getting the planet waves tuner as well..much more affordable than the Boss chromatic tuner in most cases, has true bypass as well. I'm just wondering too if anybody else has experience with it?
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
i have experience with the planet waves. got it last chrismas as a gift and i love it. no complaints and its built like a tank. but there is a thread right here on the front page asking about it and it was said that it was not true bypass....but i still like it. i heard no "tone suckage" from it. and i consider myself to have a good ear.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I'd go for the Planet Waves over the Boss TU-2.
Its the same price (here in aus anyway) and I'd imagine it would have a WAY better bypass than the Boss TU-2. Plus it will be alot brighter and it has the strobe mode.

If you want the cheapest, but decent option, I'd say get an Ibanez LU20.
Only cost me $70 (aus), and its true bypass (not sure if it is real true bypass like a Peterson Strobostomp), and its alot brighter then the Boss TU-2 as well. Only downside is the footswitch is a little fragile, but I havn't had any problems with that so far.

Also, for OD, have a look at the MI Audio Tubezone, its meant to be able to do Med/High Gain stuff. I really wanna get one myself, heh
I recomment the MXR 10 band EQ, good tone control once you got the hang of it.
The KFK only has an output more than the regular EQ, so if you only use 1 output I'd buy the regular one.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Quote by ark
as for hte OD pedals, you should find some way to try them out, both IMO are sweet pedals, but you realy have to understand what you are going for, and play around with them.

I used to own the OD-808 but want to step it up to the OD-9 for the True-Bypass.

I can't try out the OCD anywhere as all the stores here require you to special order it to try it out, which means I'd have to buy it before I even got to play it. I've heard it's a great pedal, but without being able to try it out, I probably won't get it unless someone can tell me what stands out from it over the OD-808/TS-808/OD-9/TS-9.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
bump
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com