Well, I'm in need of some assistance here, guys. I just had my Explorer's strap buttons repaired so now I can finally play it while standing up. There's just one little problem...

Neck dive!!!

I try to keep the guitar positioned at a 45 degree angle so I can comfortably play it, but the strap just slides forward on my shoulder and allows the neck to slip downwards to hang horizontally - I cannot play it like this. Holding up the guitar doesn't work because then my hand is too engaged holding the thing up to easily move up/down the neck even one inch.

I figure I just need a new strap, one that can create better friction up on my shoulder so as to actually support the guitar instead of just allowing it to hang off of me. Any suggestions there? I know other Explorer owners have to have had this problem at some point as well as other players with guitars with neck diving issues. BTW, I have a strap button on the back of the guitar as well and this did not help.
Err I don't wanna sound like a retard, But are you sure you're wearing it properly, I've never had a strap slide around on me, its usually pretty stuck to my shoulder due to the weight of the guitar..
Cancer.
i'd suggest maybe moving the strap pin to behind the neck... i know some people with Fire birds/T-Birds do that because of neck dive.
use a strap with a material that sticks to your clothing rather than a smooth material. thats the most eficient solution, but it might be limiting with the range of motion.
i have a 'white guitar'
Get a suede strap. Comfy, expensive and won't move, much. Depends how unbalanced your Xplorer is.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
My Westfield SG does it (Was meant to be a back up for my JD Les Paul) Which makes it practically unplayable live, it slips so i ahve to grab it to stop it smashing the ground..
explorers with the strap button NOT located at the heel tend to neckdive. My ex400bd does that, but using a rough thick leather strap helps a lot.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Don't hang it so low.

who cares what "looks" cool.

if you "look" cool and mess up, it's worse then looking like a "geek" and not messing up.

bring your strap up a bit.
Quote by Wanderer259
BTW, I have a strap button on the back of the guitar as well and this did not help.

Quote by Cobalt Blue
i'd suggest maybe moving the strap pin to behind the neck... i know some people with Fire birds/T-Birds do that because of neck dive.

wtf? He just said it's on the back.