Pantera - Floods
38 26%
Joe Satriani - Ice 9
13 9%
Machine Head - Aesthetics of Hate
19 13%
Voters: 146.
Page 1 of 2
Which of the above songs has the most... FACE MELTING SOLO?
I chose these songs because it's like "Well this is nice" then BAM! It's insane solo time.
And there's only 5 because they're off the top of my head.
Anything by Synyster Gates.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
I picked Mr. Crowley...amazing.

However, there are many more to be mentioned. Do you want that, or do we just stick to your list?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Go Dimebag!!!
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Quote by terrencemaddox
I picked Mr. Crowley...amazing.

However, there are many more to be mentioned. Do you want that, or do we just stick to your list?

Tell what you would've put on the list if you'd like. As long as it's not Syn Gates, he sucks balls.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Anything by Synyster Gates.

Aww man, I'm not even gonna start with this.

And I picked Mr Crowley, it's probably the most memorable out of all of them, they're all good, but that one just stands out more.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
how does one classify a solo as "facemelting"?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
how does one classify a solo as "facemelting"?

Well, for one, your face gets so hot because of it's awesomeness, it spontaneously combust and thus, melts you face.

Duh.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by Kulvin
Tell what you would've put on the list if you'd like. As long as it's not Syn Gates, he sucks balls.

Haha, cool:

1) Maggot Brain: Eddie Hazel comin at ya

2) La Villa Strangiato: Alex Lifeson

3) Mother: Daivd Gilmour...fast? Nah, but it will still tear your face off.

4) Prince...yeah.

5) Marty Friedman/;Dave Mustaine: Holy Wars: I hate Megadeth now, but those solos are ripping.

That's five
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by soulflyV
WHY!?

That new guy, his name escapes me, his solos are just... ugh.

Nothing compared to Friedman or any of the other past guitarists.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
no more tears - zakk wylde
pulse of the maggots - slipknot
mr crowley of course
cemetary gates - dime
one - kirk hammet
eternal rest - synyster gates
and many more!
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Well, for one, your face gets so hot because of it's awesomeness, it spontaneously combust and thus, melts you face.

Duh.

gotcha. thanks.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by soulflyV
WHY!?

OK, so what I said was a bit harsh. I was a HUGE fan for many years. I have seen them live a number of times own the albums, all that jazz.

I just hate Dave's point of view on many things. He always wants to blame everything on others when things don't go his way (Risk is a prime example). Also, he talked horribly about albums of theirs that mean a whole lot to me. Youthanasia is a great example...why did he say those things about it? That album has always meant a lot to me man.

I know, I should still love the music...and I do. I just have a hard time supporting Dave Mustaine.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Last edited by terrencemaddox at Oct 10, 2007,
Quote by edwardthegreat5
That new guy, his name escapes me, his solos are just... ugh.

Nothing compared to Friedman or any of the other past guitarists.

True. But you can't hate an awesome band just for the fact that it has a shity soloist. (probably not for long, considering how many people have come and gone.)

Quote by terrencemaddox
OK, so what I said was a bit harsh. I was a HUGE fan for many years. I have seen them live a number of times own the albums, all that jazz.

I just hate Dave's point of view on many things. He always wants to blame everything on others when things don't go his way (Risk is a prime example). Also, he talked horribly about albums of theirs that mean a whole lot to me. Youthanasia is a great example...why did he say those things about it. That album has always meant a lot to me man.

I know, I should still love the music...and I do. I just have a hard time supporting Dave Mustaine.

Still, everyone has an opinion, you can't really hate someone for being themself. Unless they are really annoying or something.
Last edited by soulflyV at Oct 10, 2007,
Quote by soulflyV
True. But you can't hate an awesome band just for the fact that it has a shity soloist. (probably not for long, considering how many people have come and gone.)

Still, everyone has an opinion, you can't really hate someone for being themself. Unless they are really annoying or something.

I see that, but for one, musicans at that level have a responsibility to the fans and should also accept blame for what they do wrong. Do you not see what I mean? If not, cool, but I really think there is something to this.

I mean NO offense at all though. I am just curious.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

David Shankle - Voice of Authority.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:
anyone else notice that the film '300' is like... manowar: the movie?

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Metallurgy. Traditional Metal from Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/metallurgy
Quote by terrencemaddox
I see that, but for one, musicans at that level have a responsibility to the fans and should also accept blame for what they do wrong. Do you not see what I mean? If not, cool, but I really think there is something to this.

I mean NO offense at all though. I am just curious.

Yeah, I get what you mean, but I think its just harder for him to say "I fucked up" than to say it wasn't his fault. But I don't really follow Dave that much, I just listen to the music. Because I know people who are total cunts who make awesome music, I just think of people in two personalities, they have the musician side, and then the regular person side. As long as the musician side is make music I like then I have no problem with who the person is outside of the band.
Quote by soulflyV
Yeah, I get what you mean, but I think its just harder for him to say "I fucked up" than to say it wasn't his fault. But I don't really follow Dave that much, I just listen to the music. Because I know people who are total cunts who make awesome music, I just think of people in two personalities, they have the musician side, and then the regular person side. As long as the musician side is make music I like then I have no problem with who the person is outside of the band.

I gotcha man, totally understandable. I should probably do the same, but I am kind of an obsessive asshole
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Dream Theater - Stream of Conciousness... not sure what exactly "face melting" is, but that one is pretty amazing.

out of those i voted Dime!
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Out of them I would say aesthetics of hate, but I think CFH or domination are facemelters, and most metallica pre load/reload solos.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
What first comes to mind is the tapping section of Symphony X's 'Sea of Lies', performed by Michael Romeo of course. I voted for Mr. Crowley BTW
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
GODDAMMIT!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! MY FACE JUST FUCKING MELTED!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD THIS HURTS LIKE A GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!! MY SKIN'S JUST OOZING OFF AND BLOOD IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

But really, a solo's never melted my face. Am I missing something?
Dont Fear The Reaper - Buck Dharma(of Blue Oyster Cult, very underrated).

Hotel California - Walsh and the other guy.

Most of the stuff that Brian May wrote, he is very underrated too(stuff like Killer Queen or Boho Rap).

Technical Difficulties - Paul Gilbert

Tornado of Souls - Marty Friedman
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by yawn
GODDAMMIT!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! MY FACE JUST FUCKING MELTED!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD THIS HURTS LIKE A GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!! MY SKIN'S JUST OOZING OFF AND BLOOD IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

But really, a solo's never melted my face. Am I missing something?

Go listen to listed solos and see if you can spot a recurring theme. That is if your face is not on the ground in puddle form after listening to Mr. Crowley.
Quote by Kulvin
Go listen to listed solos and see if you can spot a recurring theme. That is if your face is not on the ground in puddle form after listening to Mr. Crowley.
I've listened to Mr. Crowley before.

And my face is still intact. =/
Have anyone who voted even heard all those songs? I know I haven't so I picked The Audience Is Listening. Steve Vai's best song imo.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I prefer the solo in Halo, but the Aesthetics one is awesome too.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Rusty Cooley - Dark Matter
Ron Thal - Hands
Shawn Lane - stuff from Powers of Ten
Jason Becker - Mabel's Air...Could it get any Faster?

But I'm so hardcore i didn't vote in the poll.
My top 5 would be:

1. In the Name of God - Dream Theater
2. Get Out of My Yard - Paul Gilbert
3. Jaws of Life - John Petrucci
4. War - Joe Satriani
5. Manhattan - Eric Johnson
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Page 1 of 2