Sorry if this is in the wrong place. its like 1am and I'm about to sack out but i decided to ask this somewhere.

Basically, I'm 14, and I need some sort of line of work. i just moved into Tucson from San Diego. Back there i advertised repairing computers and made some decent money. Here, in the aridness theres really no market to appeal to. Not alot anyway. I want to save to buy a Japanese made ESP guitar.

The majority of this forum is probably 16-24 so I don't know what kind of responses I'm going to get.

I'm thinking maybe something that employers are generally lenient about hiring younger workers. I could probably pass off as 16, i'm about 5'11.

Blah thanks in advance.. good night.
I got my first job when I was 14. heres some places to try

-Papa Murphys (min wage)
-World of Wheels ($10 and hour, only when theyre in town)
-Grocery Store (about $1-$2 over min wage)

thats about it for ya.

right now im 15, and cant find a job either.

EDIT: and btw, employers know how hard it is for someone your age to find a job. prepare to get stepped on
Find a place that's hiring illegal immigrants. They're probably lenient about age laws too.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I've got a job at woolies (australian grocery store) and i hate it. I wouldnt advise a male teen to get a job as a 'check out chick'. It might be alright to see if you can get into one of the other departments at a grocery store though.
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
Quote by t3h guitar n00b
I've got a job at woolies (australian grocery store) and i hate it. I wouldnt advise a male teen to get a job as a 'check out chick'. It might be alright to see if you can get into one of the other departments at a grocery store though.

Haha I know how you feel bro, im at coles
McDonalds, Carls Jr, Burger King, Jack-in-the-Box, In-N-Out (in arizona??), they should hire people. if starbucks hires 14 year olds, go for it. nice benefits. but i don't think they hire people under 16.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^now we're talking 3 more digits there. $$$
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I didn't get a job til I was 18

It's awesome applying at a fast fooder when you're 18

You get hired fast =]
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by Jiimy
You don't need a job, just enjoy being 14 for a while. Kids these days with their "money" and "needs".

yeah what's up with them eating all of a sudden? I can imagine that's some money "well spent". I mean for crying out loud, when did buying drugs stopped being cool?
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Quote by t3h guitar n00b

+1

I work at woolies too. i used to work on the deli but they bitched about my hair so i've moved onto perishables. I like the people i work with most are in my age range (i'm 16) i done checkouts for 3hours one night. The most boring night of my life to date. Don't get a job at a supermarket. You'll get totaly patronised by the managers and treated like **** from old people.
Quote by Jiimy
You don't need a job, just enjoy being 14 for a while. Kids these days with their "money" and "needs".

Agreed.
It seems strange that our forefathers fought to get kids out of the workplace so that they could have a proper childhood and now all they want to do is return to the workplace.
Still, you gotta admire the thread starter's enthusiasm, my son is 15 and I can't even get the lazy little sod to do the washing up.
Chinese sweatshop?

I had my first job when I was 12, stableboy and horsey tourguide at weekends and holidays
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
mcdonalds? thats where most ppl start out from

its pretty close to slavery, but good work experience?
Quote by thera_x
nowhere, teenagers arent trustworthy

I lol'd haha
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
At 14 you want to be getting a job at McDonalds or some other place where its just basic customer service and money handling. If you survive that for a year, then you can readily apply for any job at your local music store.
i dont think commercial places like Mcdonalds or Starbucks would hire me. theres a store around here called Fry's, maybe I can be a bagboy or something..

I have business cards.. i'll probably start using them to seem a bit more professional
Last edited by injected at Oct 10, 2007,
if there's any agriculture around you... sometimes they need to hire people for harvesting. I used to live in Nebraska and I knew a lot of kids that made a ton of money working in cornfields.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
It doesnt matter how old you look when they run your social there gonna find out how old you are. All you can do thats on an actual pay roll is Publix really....
pretty much any min wage place but ul have better chances if you post your previous occupation on a good looking resume and bring a letter with parental consent for you to work (most employers require it at your age and you look prepared which gives mucho bonus pointo)

thats how i did it, got my first job at 12 making coleslaw at a fish take out place.

edit: good luck bud, alos expect any job you get at 14 to suck royas arse....
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Quote by injected
I could probably pass off as 16, i'm about 5'11.

Blah thanks in advance.. good night.

screw you, i look 16 but thats because im 16 in 3 months and im 5'5".. i work at the supermarket. I've been working one year and have $10,000 ($8,995.71 USD)
Quote by thera_x
liar.

I know, I know, it's not for everyone, but seriously, it really ain't half bad.