any recomendations for tracking them down, and no i don't have interest in becoming a full time drummer myself. My situation is I have 1 friend a ditched for no dedication, the other one kinda quite, I have one who wants to learn, and 1 that is good but a dick and stylistic differences so it would never work i have already tried many times
any recomendations, i was debating getting one from another town but its kinda tuff as im in HS and gas is a bitch!
get a drum machine for now and look for a drummer elsewhere. Put out ads in music shops or post bulletins on myspace
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Go see a few local bands, and try to become friends with a few members of a couple of bands. Chances are, one of them will know a drummer for you.
hei...
It's true, that the drummers is hard to find, because I wanted to start a new band and we couldnt find a drummer so I started to learn drums beside guitar. I don't know how to help you cuz even if you 'd need me, I can't be in your band...cuz I am to far away (Slovenia).
Maybe you could try with publishin' on crouded places (locals, in front of arenas where the most concerts happen...)
So...good luck with finding a member.
Drummers arn't hard to find..... Most musicians can make at-least decent drummers, and since drumming doesn't require a lot of musical knowledge (theory-wise) you can usually find somebody that has good coordination and can hold a beat pretty easily. In fact for someone who has never played drums before, they can probably learn to play quite well in a matter of weeks with some devotion....and don't try and post that i'm saying drummers are ill-talented or anything, i'm just saying it's an easier instrument to pick up...
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Your lucky you are in high school. Go to the marching band room. Find the drum line guys, then ask if any of them have a kit. Also talk with guys in other bands. The drummer I have now use to play lead guitar in a metal band, and was the drum line captain for 3 years in hs. I was able to sway him into my band. Also see if there are people who know how to drum, but don't have a kit. Have the band kick in for a cheap kit and your set, and if he leaves you still have a kit for the next guy.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
There's about a hundred drummers at my school. Most of them are bad. The few that are good play Jazz. There's a trend here somewhere.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by FeiRei
Your lucky you are in high school. Go to the marching band room. Find the drum line guys, then ask if any of them have a kit. Also talk with guys in other bands. The drummer I have now use to play lead guitar in a metal band, and was the drum line captain for 3 years in hs. I was able to sway him into my band. Also see if there are people who know how to drum, but don't have a kit. Have the band kick in for a cheap kit and your set, and if he leaves you still have a kit for the next guy.
Good advice here
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Dig a hole on the side of the road, preferably on your own property if you don't want to get in trouble. It should be at least two meters deep.

Make it invisible by laying some brush over it. If money is no object, use sod.

By the hole put a sign that says "STAND HERE FOR FREE BEER, CANDY, AND GIRLS".

Come back to it the next day, and you'll probably find a drummer in the hole.
go hang out the band room at your school and get guys from drumline who have a set
they hopefully should be pretty good
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
well i have tried a bunch of kids who claim to drum but have no set, i brought them over to use mine and none of them where any good, ive discoverved if they dont have a drumset then they are typically not nearlly dedicated enough to learn or be in a band. I've lent one of my guitar playing friends my set because he wanted to learn for me but he got grounded and its taken away from him. I used to play with one kid in drumline he was really good but to flaky to be in a band and he has a new (yet fumbling and undedicated) project anyway). So all i have going for me is this one mediocre guy a play with, the hopes that other guy gets ungrounded, and this utterly rediculous drummer i hope to try out. any other suggestions?
I used to to be the drummer for my band. The rest of my band mates heard me playing guitar and decided I shouldn't be playing drums. It took us about a month looking for a new drummer, and we didn't find one. I just taught one of my friends to drum, didn't take him long to get good. I just keep my kit at his house so he can practice. Maybe try that?
you think drummers are hard to find they're even harder to get rid of..... i have 2
It seems like most of my friends are drummers. Quite a few of them have their own sets, and they could all be decent if they practiced regularly. I had trouble keeping a drummer for the first couple bands I was in, but I think that was more the fact that I was trying to start a progressive death metal in a middle school than anything else. The drummer in my band now started the band with me, though, so I haven't had to worry about that since then.

But as a solution to your dillemma, unless you're playing some form of prog, metal or Led Zeppelin, it's more important that your drummer have a kit and the dedication to practice and get better than for him to be good. Maybe you could get the rest of your band to help get a set for your guitarist friend who wants to learn, of he could borrow one whil he saves up to buy his own?
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
lol i just called my friend who i lent the kit to and he is bailing his mom won't let him or something, I guess ill just write the drum parts myself and teach them to a friend or something..... so where do you go to quickly learn to play drums lol
Quote by charliec364
so where do you go to quickly learn to play drums lol

Your drumkit
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
i know i know practice practice, i mean is there a website or a book for the basics?
actually
at my schools jazz band we have, count them, 6 drummers in the band
three of them are actually trading off and the others (including me) play other instruments
Last edited by guitaruboy at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by Arbitror
Dig a hole on the side of the road, preferably on your own property if you don't want to get in trouble. It should be at least two meters deep.

Make it invisible by laying some brush over it. If money is no object, use sod.

By the hole put a sign that says "STAND HERE FOR FREE BEER, CANDY, AND GIRLS".

Come back to it the next day, and you'll probably find a drummer in the hole.

hahahahahahahahahaha totally man, i'd fall for it! lol