So far I've found that Murphys wood oil soap works good and leaves the fretboard smelling pretty good - the only thing is it stays a tiny bit sticky after wiping it off. Any other suggestions or methods for cleaning a fretboard?
dont use murphys soap.

use fretboard conditioner, oil, on rosewood boards.
use a rag and or a soft toothbrush and get the crud off.

guitar conditioners are about $4 and last YEARS. because you only need to clean ur board a couple times a year.

ingredients: small amounts of water and vegtable oil extract.
water is better left off an untreated board. and vegie oil is too thick and can smell as it rots.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 10, 2007,
why? why, would you put water on unfinished wood when there are cheap products made for the job?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I have a question: can all of these fretboard cleaners be used to clean maple fretboards?
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
no because maple boards are usually finished. clear coated.

so the oil will sit on it, get smeared around and possibly stain the board.

on finished wood, you can use polish.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It'll condition it, use a little elbow grease with a rag or baby tooth brush(they are very soft) and the crud will come right of.
I just used hot water and alot of scrubbing for my maple fretboard, it seemed to do the trick just fine.

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Oh just a normal cloth, nothing special really

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift