I'm debating whether or not I want to Relic-ize a black Epi LP that I just got in. Darn thing plays like a champ and is set up perfect. Fantastic action.

It's been gigged, so it has a fair share of bumps and bruises (see pictures HERE). I never relic'd a guitar before, but saw some awesome work. I'm inspired, but not sure if LP's are supposed to be relic'd.

what do you think?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
It'll be a little harder to get a realistic Relic effect on an Epiphone as there not finished in cellulose like Gibson's, the 2 pack finish is much more durable than cellulose so it wont crack and wear like a propper gibbo.
I had a look at the pics and I'd say the best thing to do is just carry on as you are and play the hell out of it. Dont be shy about throwing it around a bit, wear jewelery like chains and stuff on your wrist like Slash does and you'll be supprised how quickly you'll f**k the finish up
thanks man, I think you're right. I'll just upgrade the pups and replace a crackly pot. It's fun to play because I'm not afraid of dings and scratches... that's a good feeling!
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |