Heya guys, I'm building an electric guitar for my ResMat GCSE.
I currently have a Westone 24-fret bolt on neck I'm using for the project, but I was thinking, is it possible to convert this neck into the central column for the body?
My idea is to join the end of the neck to a maple column using small metal boltsnd strong glue.
Any advice, instruction, links, etc are greatly appreciated

Thanks
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
Heya guys, I'm building an electric guitar for my ResMat GCSE.
I currently have a Westone 24-fret bolt on neck I'm using for the project, but I was thinking, is it possible to convert this neck into the central column for the body?
My idea is to join the end of the neck to a maple column using small metal boltsnd strong glue.
Any advice, instruction, links, etc are greatly appreciated

Thanks

Doing that defeats the whole purpose of having a neck-thru. What you're suggesting just adds complication with no real benefit.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
neck-thru implies one solid piece of wood acting as the neck and body, what your thinkin about doing is just a glued in neck joint with a bolt on neck.
Yor thinking more along the lines of a set neck. Your not going to gain the advantages of a neck through and you'l looose the convenience of a bolt on.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
The only way to do that is to:
Take off the neck and get ride of it, it won't be used anymore (for this guitar anyway)
Buy or make a new neck-thru neck.
Measure the width of the body section of neck and cut it out of the body.
Glue the neck in between the two wings of the body and hope the neck joint isn't too akward...