View poll results: Should i Grow it ?
Yes
57 72%
No
22 28%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
I'm in the process of growing my hair and i just wanted to ask a few questions

How long does it usually take to grow your hair ?
How is it best to style it while growing it ?
How is it best to style it when its long ?
Do you think long hair will suit me ?

Also i would really appreciate it if you could photoshop this so i can see what i will look like.

Also sorry about my face
I used to have hair down to about my nipples. Then i got on drugs{dumbass move] and cut it off[en ever more dumbass move]. I'm tryin to grow it back out now but it's still pretty short.

Just let it all grow out, dye it black and layer it. That's what i did to mine. Simple....yet still holds it magnetism.
What you got to lose? if you dont like it you can always cut it off.

It will look crap in the in between stage, it usually takes about 1-1.5 years before you have "long" hair.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
^ I'm used to it on a daily basis anyway

Edit i'm trying to grow it jack black style not to long
I've been growing mine for a few years, and it's only just gotten to the point where its beyond my shoulders
It's a long path to go down, and there is a big realm of faggotry looking when its sort of mid length
Just dont style it into a big fringe when its in that stage

EDIT: btw hair grows at an average of 6 inches a year, which might put in perspective how much effort it takes
Last edited by philipisabeast at Oct 10, 2007,
Go for it dude, like 5kuzgib says, the worst that can happen is that you need to cut it off!

Now grow! Grow like to wind!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
dont know if it would suit you, but theres no harm in growing it out and seeing what it looks like
Do it.

And in the mid stages, do a Morissey style.. style. It looks awesome on anyone.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by 5kuzgib
What you got to lose? if you dont like it you can always cut it off.

It will look crap in the in between stage, it usually takes about 1-1.5 years before you have "long" hair.

Aye.

Last time I had a hair cut was last December, and my hair isn't particularly long yet. It looks longer if I brush it, but it's still not much.
there are some vitamin supplements you can take to supposedly make hair grow, my brother went to school for barber/cosmotology, and they told him in school that they work

no one will want to photoshop you for free...no offense
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
wow... you look like me a bit, minus some weight and she-bang! your me.
one word: fauxhawk
^ I'll have to look into that. You never know someone may want to photo shop me but probably not in the way i asked.
I wouldn't do it, long hair rarely looks good on anyone. Don't take it personally, but long hair usually looks scruffy as well, even if you wash/condition it every day. Though it would look good if it was pretty straight.

But it's your call, if you like it, it's all that matters, don't let one guys opinion sway you.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
grow it before its gone, happening to me as we speak
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
Fat people with long hair usually looks greasy and gross, from my experience.
I don't think it would suit you too well. Long hair on round faces usually does not mix very well, it just looks awkward. A few years back, I wouldn't have been able to pull off long hair either, but I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and my face has slimmed a bit.

It's been two years almost, and my hair is about to the bottom of my collar-bone.
I'm growing my hair atm. The back always seems to grow a lot faster than the front :S

But i'm after growing it a bit more, then getting it styled so I don't look like a reject from World War One. I like it at least, although I am at that silly stage where it just generally looks ****.

Minus point :- Have to wash it EVERY day just to make sure it doesn't become a massive ball of grease.

But for you man. I don't know...I personally don't think it would suit you.
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
Quote by Doofag
Fat people with long hair usually looks greasy and gross, from my experience.

Your nice aren't you, idiot.
It's pretty hilarious that this many people give a **** about your hair. This thread is ****ing ridiculous...why do care what some dude in Sweden says about your hair....should I make a thread like "Should I make grilled cheese of chicken soup?" Jesus dude way to be a lame ass.....
If you do grow it, wash it everyday. Long hair with dandruff? nothx
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
I have been growing mine for about 3 years now. And it;s damn long when it's straight.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Keine_Lust
I'm growing my hair atm. The back always seems to grow a lot faster than the front :S

But i'm after growing it a bit more, then getting it styled so I don't look like a reject from World War One. I like it at least, although I am at that silly stage where it just generally looks ****.

Minus point :- Have to wash it EVERY day just to make sure it doesn't become a massive ball of grease.

But for you man. I don't know...I personally don't think it would suit you.

Haha that's because the hair at the top of the head has to grow out to reach the same length as the back and then be cut the same length.

I wash my hair every day and apparently it's bad because it strips the hair of it's natural oils or something. They say it's best to wash it every 2nd day or so but I hate the slightest bit of grease.
I wash my hair every 2nd day. I'm lucky, my hair doesn't get greasy unless I don't wash it for like a week, lol.
I was going to say no but actually I think that you might look better with long hair, it's pretty hard to tell how it will turn out. I'm having the same dilemma about cutting my hair. Unlike cutting the worst that can happen is when it begins to grow out longer you won't like and it and then you can get it cut again so I think you should do it.
it will take about a year before it starts to take shape and get long, i never styled my hair when it was short, just get out of the shower and go. Plus hairsprary, gel and stuff isnt the best thing for your hair. The best style when it is long is just to get out of the shower and let it airdry.
Quote by philipisabeast
hair grows at an average of 6 inches a year, which might put in perspective how much effort it takes

Just wash your hair with miracle grow
I think your hair is alright as it is =O Your face structure suits medium length hair
I'm not trying to be harsh atall, but I wouldn't recommend long hair unless you lose a bit of weight. Just, personally, I don't think longer hair really looks too good on larger people.

Of course, it's entirely your choice, but that's my opinion.

If you want to look good, why don't you GO FOR IT in terms of losing weight. That's what I did when I was about 14, I was pretty big (chubby) and I was sick of it so I just ate like A bowl of Weetabix + Dinner per day for a couple of months, and i'm a skinny runt to this day

It helps alot when you are woo'ing the ladyfriends.
Page 1 of 2