Hey guys, im having a hard time choosing a guitar because im the type of person that wants to get the best out of a deal. Im slightly experienced playing on my cousins electric/acoustic Ovation, and my siblings Taylor acoustic. im looking for an electric guitar from the price range of 300-450USD. my picks before were

Ibanez SA260FM Transparent Blue
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Artic Blue

Feel free to comment on the guitars i had/have in mind tell me whether these are good and i would really appreciate it if u gave me specific guitars and model and price. i mainly play metal and rock so if that helps.
A couple of alternatives to the LP. Agile (Rondo Music) and Micheal Kelly Patriot. Also Ibanez ARC and ARX. All within budget and good reputation.
If you are willing to raise your budget ever so slightly (by about 150USD) you could get a good quality Martin, which would be a guitar you could stay with for life, and not have to replace after a few years when you become really good, personally, I wish I had gone that route.

As for electrics, I would definitely go with the epiphone, it was my first, and I have to say it sounded great compared to any other cheaper guitar on the market in my opinion.
Dude, by a hollow body Gretch. You simply can't get better tone, I promise you, those are amazing and you can get them for roughly 400 bucks. George Harrison played a Gretch, Jack White plays a Gretch with the Raconteurs...it's awesome, seriously check one out man...
oh...you play metal...n/m dude, than go for an Ibanez, they're definetly the best quality for the price, especially for that type of playing, very quick necks, good tone, I'd say pick up a nice Ibanez, perhaps a Dean if you dig it, but for metal I'd say Ibanez is best for the price.
GoLur_ThanksLur
Lur

Location: Small Town, Wisconsin oh...you play metal...n/m dude, than go for an Ibanez, they're definetly the best quality for the price, especially for that type of playing, very quick necks, good tone, I'd say pick up a nice Ibanez, perhaps a Dean if you dig it, but for metal I'd say Ibanez is best for the price.

Thanks a lot man, ur input really helped ill just stick with the Ibanez Sa260fm
Ibanez is not junk, you just have to be willing to spend the money on a higher end, and they work best in the genres they are build for. Just so you know.

Personally I feel the epiphone would be the best bet. Les Pauls are more versatile than Ibanez.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Go for the Ibanez.

Normally, I'd say the LP. However, Epi LP Studios (and Gibson LP Studios, as it so happens) are utterly diabolically bad. The [very lowest you should ever go is an Epi LP Standard, and even then that's pretty poor if you don't cherry-pick the best of the bunch and upgrade it a ton.

Of the two you list, go with the Ibanez, it's a complete no-brainer. Alternatively, get a bit more cash together and go for an Epi LP Standard Plus or Custom.